Man City

And will he be released for internationals, seeing as the owners of the club do not recognise the state he represents.

Exactly.

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Cyncial fucker, he knew what he was at, I detest the whinging bitch so am disgusted to see him get off on this one

Terry cleared to face United as FA overturn City red card

Chelsea captain John Terry is free to face Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League on Sunday after winning an appeal against the red card he picked up at Manchester City.

Terry was dismissed at Eastlands on Saturday after bringing down City striker Jo as the Brazilian threatened in the 77th minute.

Referee Mark Halsey deemed it a professional foul and showed Terry the red card, but Chelsea protested, and yesterday submitted a claim for wrongful dismissal.

Key moment: John Terry fouls Jo at Eastlands but the FA have ruled it was not a red card offence

Jo still had a long way to go to goal when the foul came in from Terry, whose fellow defender Ricardo Carvalho was in close attendance.

An independent regulatory commission heard the appeal today and the Football Association revealed they upheld Chelsea’s claim, meaning England captain Terry must no longer serve a three-match ban.

Had the ban been enforced, Terry would have missed Sunday’s crucial Premier League clash with champions United, as well as the Carling Cup tie against Portsmouth on 24 September and the league encounter with Stoke three days later.

I heard yesterday that they couldn’t rescind it as there’s no provision in the rules to reduce a red card to a yellow. On what basis did they overturn it? Because he’s England’s captain and Soho Square are still celebrating Wonder Wednesday?

Yes, its called the “I’m a cunt just like Alan Shearer” clause.

I think John Terry is a cunt in general but you can’t really send him off for that alone in any particular game he plays. That was never a professional foul and the correct decision would have been a yellow card for the cynical nature of the drag down (it wasn’t really a tackle). A red card can be rescinded all right Jugs but the talk yesterday was that the referee had sent him off for ‘serious foul play’ rather than a ‘professional foul’. It was obviously easy for Chelsea to prove that it wasn’t a professional foul given TV clearly showed Carvalho covering behind him but some places were speculating that their appeal would flounder because the ref hadn’t sent him off for this. But it was hardly serious foul play either so, despite my personal dislike of ‘JT’, I think it’s a fairly logical decision to overturn the red card.

So he doesnt even get a yellow card for it then? Disgraceful.

How was it not a professional foul? He made no attempt to play the ball. I would argue that Riccy would have neded up pulling Jo down had the crybaby not brought him down.

Its was truly cynical, and I have no problem with that. the crying bitch took him down and took his chances. But to have the neck to appeal it, and win, well thats just takes the piss.

I can’t be arsed reading about the verdict so I don’t know if it was reduced to a yellow card or if he got off completely but I was just arguing that it was a yellow card offence. If that was a professional foul then any jersey tug or drag down out around midfield should be a red card. But such instances are never straight red cards - they’re always yellow cards. Rocko, the nerd, will have the FIFA definition of what is deemed a professional foul but I believe there’s some reference to preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity. In practice, that’s deemed to be when the last defender brings down an attacker who would otherwise have been clear through on goal. As Carvalho was covering behind Terry then it’s not a professional foul in my opinion and I agree with the appeal decision.

The crying bitch did deny Jo a goalscoring opportunity though. Had the crying bitch made some attempt to play the ball I’d say fine, then he at least tried. But his challenge was purely cynical, I would argue that Riccy would not have gotten near Jo had Jo not been touched by the crying bitch.

Also, the crying bitch is a cunt and deserves no sympathy.

It was also 2 v 1 if Jo got past Terry as another Man City forward was close to Carvalho meaning it was likely going to end up in a clear goal scoring opportunity, but perhaps that’s looking too far ahead…

The problem is with the rules in that serious cynical foul play is effectively condoned by virtue of that type of “tackle” only being a yellow card offence.

But that’s kind of my point. Next time Messi is dragged down in midfield you could make an argument that he would have gone on past the covering defender(s) and scored but, as long as there’s a covering defender there, the correct decision is still a yellow card. It’s not deemed a clear goalscoring opportunity if there’s at least one other defender behind the ball, like Carvalho in this case. As I said, I’m not defending Terry as a player or whatever - just judging the case on its individual merits (as Johnny ‘Auld Cunt’ Giles might say). Also, and though it’s an irrelevant point, having watched the game I reckon Jo would have ran into Carvalho and given the ball away - he was muck.

Fair enough, I see your point, but I would argue that Riccy would not have caught Jo. Its a 50/50 thing.

The fact that the crying bitch doesnt even get a yellow is what really boils my blood.

Sheikh Mansour has completed a 100% buy-out of Manchester City.

Through the Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment, Sheikh Mansour gained control of the Eastlands outfit from disgraced former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra last summer.

Shinawatra had kept a 10% stake but now City have confirmed Mansour has gained control of that as well, giving him unquestioned control.

‘As a result of the transaction, Manchester City is now 100% owned by his highness Sheikh Mansour,’ said a club statement.

Sheikh Mansour has already invested huge sums in the club, sanctioning a British record 32.5million capture of Robinho on the day of his buy-out and spending in excess of 120million on new players this summer.

It is thought he is also keen to use land around City’s stadium to build a new training facility.

Ball Ox had a 100 euro bet with me that Man City was owned partially by one of the Gallagher brothers.

He then reduced that to one of them sits on the Board.

He refuses to pay up.

:pint:

This ball ox fella seems like a bit of a goon. Surprised he deals in euro’s actually?

Sorry - I mean Flano had the bet with me.

Ooops I’ve said too much!

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Sorry - I mean Flano had the bet with me.

Ooops I’ve said too much![/quote]

Sssshhhh :pint:

Delete it before kev gets here…

So Flano doesn’t pay out on bets he spose to? He’s working in the right place anyway

Spose? :pint: