Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Mark Robins has the next Manchester United managerial appointment sewn up.

Loosely translated “I’ve got 8M and you can all go and fuck”.

Wigan, Sunderland were comfortable mid table teams under Bruce. Both got relegated after he left. A very underrated manager

2 Likes

Paolo Fonseca wouldn’t exactly have a glittering cv

2 Likes

Was he that fat?

He’s a good manager Brucie. It’s just hipster snobbery that knocks him. If you’re surname doesn’t end in ‘O’ ‘I’ or ‘A’, you’re not at the races these days in the managerial stakes.

2 Likes

Conte
Tuchel
Klopp
Zidane
Nagelsman
Flick
Deschamps

2 Likes

A good man Brucie hounded out of the game because he wasn’t hipster enough.

2 Likes

And cos of his weight

One less fergie manager that usually rolls over for united.

1 Like

And his cabbage head

Very true. Didn’t he finish 9th with Wigan? That’s a sensational achievement. Finished top 10 with Sunderland too and probably would have finished higher but for the sale of Darren Bent to Villa mid season. He kept Newcastle afloat quite comfortably over the previous 2 seasons. His style of football isn’t great but he certainly didn’t deserve the abuse he’s received. I’ve said it before here but Steve Bruce has a better managerial CV than OGS.

Great man to take a team up to the premier league too. Having done so with Birmingham and Hull. I know he may have also been relegated with the brummies but that’s part and parcel of life in the lower echelons. Even Big Sam was relegated last season.

1 Like

Why is Fonesca favourite? Was he not sacked by Roma? I felt Spurs dodged a bullet in avoiding him in the summer. Surely the likes of a Conte or Rodgers could be targeted. Rafa may be regretting take the Everton job too hastily now that Newcastle with unlimited money is available.

How long will it take for Newcastle to be challenging for a CL place or PL title? They’ll hardly be able to attract top level players for a few years would they?

Shay Given was interviewed on Sunday and suggested they should sign Koulibaly, Rice and Haaland or Mbappe in January. Ridiculous analysis. Like Man City trying to sign Kaka in January 2009.

1 Like

Yep . Following the City pattern, aside from Robinho, it’s the Adebayor, Clichy, Barry type signings available to Newcastle. A few mercenaries and a few upper mid table EPL players. Coutinho, DCL, Jarrod Bowen etc

1 Like