Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Decent appointment from Blackburn. Don’t like the guy but he’s done well in management so far and has far more going for him than (celebrity spottee) Steve McClaren for example.

Hate the guy:

• Played for Man United
  • Utterly despicable with his behaviour before he joined them whilst still playing for West Ham. Think he sported a United jersey before even signing for them.
  • Upon Keane’s arrival he said ‘Keane may be the most expensive player in England but I’m still the guv’nor’
  • Ridiculous superstition about always coming out last and putting his jersey on only when he arrived on the pitch. Talk about courting attention…
  • Came up with a line when discussing United’s chances for a season - ‘of course it’s three points for a win now’. Eh how old are you Ince you fook? It’s been like that since the early 80s - tosser
  • Went on to play for Liverpool and acted as if he was a true Kopite even though he was die-hard United
  • Only thing I would ever say for Houillier is that he humiliated Ince by telling him that there was not future for him at the club even though he thought he owned it.
  • Claimed he was looked over for the Wolves job only becuase he was black
  • Left Macclesfiedl after one season to go to MK Dons and now left them after a year to go to Blackburn (ok can’t really blmae him for the second part of that)
  • was a very ordinary footballer

Never short of confidnece Ince, he might just get that Inter job yet at this rate.

Would pretty much agree with that assessment Farmer.
But he could be a good character for the Premier League. Might liven it up a bit more.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Hate the guy:

• Played for Man United
  • Utterly despicable with his behaviour before he joined them whilst still playing for West Ham. Think he sported a United jersey before even signing for them.
  • Upon Keane’s arrival he said ‘Keane may be the most expensive player in England but I’m still the guv’nor’
  • Ridiculous superstition about always coming out last and putting his jersey on only when he arrived on the pitch. Talk about courting attention…
  • Came up with a line when discussing United’s chances for a season - ‘of course it’s three points for a win now’. Eh how old are you Ince you fook? It’s been like that since the early 80s - tosser
  • Went on to play for Liverpool and acted as if he was a true Kopite even though he was die-hard United
  • Only thing I would ever say for Houillier is that he humiliated Ince by telling him that there was not future for him at the club even though he thought he owned it.
  • Claimed he was looked over for the Wolves job only becuase he was black
  • Left Macclesfiedl after one season to go to MK Dons and now left them after a year to go to Blackburn (ok can’t really blmae him for the second part of that)
  • was a very ordinary footballer[/quote]

Oh he’s a complete areshole alright. Still think he’s a decent enough punt for Blackburn but you’re correct on all those points, not that they’re all reasons for me to hate him. It’s the fourth one that always got to me.

McLaren takes over at FC Twente

Former England boss Steve McClaren was today named as the new coach of Dutch club FC Twente.

McClaren, who has been out of work since he left the England job in November following the failure to qualify for Euro 2008, has agreed a two-year deal at the Enschede club.

He takes over from Fred Rutten, who has joined Bundesliga side Schalke.

McClaren told Twente’s official website, www.fctwente.nl: 'I am delighted that I have got the chance to become coach of FC Twente.

'I noted from the first meeting with chairman Joop Munsterman and other people at the club that they were very co-operative.

‘It’s an exciting time for the club, they were very successful under Fred Rutten and I cannot wait to meet the players and technical staff and to get to work.’

McClaren added: 'It’s a great challenge for me to be with FC Twente in the Eredivisie and Champions League and I think we can all start with a positive feeling for the new season.

'I would like to say to the fans, about whom I have heard a lot, that we will do everything we can to bring the club further success.

'(Former PSV Eindhoven boss) Sir Bobby Robson told me that this would be a nice challenge for me.

'He also told me that FC Twente is a fantastic club and that I would feel at home.

‘I am excited to be working again at a club that fits me well. I am looking forward to this new challenge.’

He could have been a touch more complimentary about his new employers than calling them “co-operative.”

Anyone know why the League Managers’ Association are so supportive of Ince when they were protesting about Southgate 12 months ago?

Compare:

“(…) the LMA will work closely with the PFA, the Premier League and The FA to offer all possible support and assistance to its member, in helping him to gain any qualifications that may be necessary.”

The statement continued: “The LMA would like to congratulate Paul Ince on his successes as a manager to date and to wish him and his staff success at Blackburn.”

with the reaction to Southgate:

“The LMA is disappointed the Premier League board have chosen not to stick to the rule. The decision does not sit comfortably with those managers who were told that if they did not achieve Pro Licence status prior to the 2003-04 season, they would not be allowed to manage in the Premiership.”

I think it’s purely to be seen to be advancing the cause of black managers in the game, which is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. That’s a separate issue and if they have a policy on coaching requirements they should stick to it. Correct me if I’m wrong but my feeling is that’s what’s going on in this instance.

Hertz rent a manager - I made that up myself just now and I think it’s good so fook ye - have announced about their 16th manager in the last 3 seasons this afternoon. Csaba Laszlo is the man who’ll get to tell the players who Mad Vlad Romanov has chosen in his starting XI. He’s Romanian and was coaching Uganda.

they get more and more obscure. bizarre appointment.

Del Bosque appointed new Spain coach.

Always rated this guy as a quality coach. He took Real Madrid from a position of fallen giants to top notch in Europe again when he was in charge in 2000. He played a 3-5-2 formation back then and then Figo joined so he reverted back to 4-4-2 and they played some fantastic football. Won Champions League again in 2002. Was criminally sacked after winning the league in 2003 because they were knocked out of the CL by Juve at the semi final stage. Was in charge of Besiktas for a while but didnt do much there.

Always wondered why some other big club didn’t come in and snatch him…

Rumours abound that Keegan’s set to quit Newcastle. It’s been on SSN and betting on him walking out has been suspended.

Reuters are reporting that Maradona has got the Argentina job.

Class.

Aguero has his daughter up the duff.

Conversation just now:

Me: Bit of a weird one, John Collins has just been appointed Charleroi manager.

cesc4: Not really, he played in France.

Me: Charleroi’s in Belgium.

[quote=“Bandage”]Conversation just now:

Me: Bit of a weird one, John Collins has just been appointed Charleroi manager.

cesc4: Not really, he played in France.

Me: Charleroi’s in Belgium.[/quote]

a lot of praise above for ince:D

collins was linked with the rovers job so his star must be falling a bit
charloi is a tip of a place- think of ennis & you are getting close to what a tip it is

[quote=“north county corncrake”]a lot of praise above for ince:D

collins was linked with the rovers job so his star must be falling a bit
charloi is a tip of a place- think of ennis & you are getting close to what a tip it is[/quote]

I would say it is nearly as bad as Shannon NCC;)…Didn’t the English fans go on the rampage there during euro 2000…

Ince is gone, blackburn “wish him well and hope he bounces back”

No tears will be shed here. Completely out of his depth and certainly cant complain. Sickeningly tried to use the race card at the end to stay on. Expect Tony Adams to follow suit in the not too distant future, another disastrous appointment.

Surely Souness is just tabloid bullshit.

I always thought Ince was a cunt so I think this is great. In fairness, he had some success in the lower leagues and it looked like he was after serving a decent apprenticeship. But when he turned up and signed Robbie Fowler, alarm bells started to ring for me. Brad Friedel seems to have been a big loss for them too - Paul Robinson seems to have some of the slowest reactions I’ve ever seen for a 'keeper.