Managerial Merrygoround Thread

huh?

absolutely terrible keeper, hugely over rated. has let in some terrible goals this year but hasnt been picked up on any of them at all.

To be fair, Fowler was a free. I thought Robinson might improve but he looks even fatter now. He ridiculous dive for Alonso’s goal a few weeks back sums him up best.

Hate Ince so delighted to see him go.

Rovers may hold off for Hughes back cos I can’t see him lasting much longer at City.

Ince out of his dept. Championship manager at best

Nothing about former Norn Iron player and Berwick Rangers manager Martin O’Neill* getting the managers post at Shamrock Rovers. Is it mentioned on another thread. Interesting appointment.

*nearly sure he spells it another way

I just read that Gareth Southgate is the 5th longest serving EPL manager and he was only appointed in the summer of 2006. I reckon the fear of dropping down and missing out on top flight revenue is prompting clubs to take swift action when it comes to firing managers these days. The top 5 comprises: 1. Ferguson; 2. Wenger; 3. Moyes; 4. Benitez; 5. Southgate.

The heave against Martin Jol and his subsequent sacking was the most ridiculous. Two 5th place finishes in a row. If Harry get them to 5th he will be hailed as the next Vince Lombardi. Can’t think of too many others that werent deserved. Billy Davies maybe.

It’s funny that Souness is being linked with the Blackburn job. What an atrocious manager. One of those lads that you just can’t figure out how he gets work. Started reading Jamie Carragher’s book last night and he blames Souness (somewhat indirectly) for Liverpool not having won a league in 19 years. I tend to agree.

Someone once said that Souness took a chain saw to Liverpool when all that was needed was a garden shears. Good point.

He was also responsible for arguably the worst bit of business ever carried out by a football manager. He sold the little genius that was Peter Beardsley for 1.1m and bought that utter pile of shite that was Dean Saunders for 2.9m as his replacement. That right there was the beginning of the end.

According to sky sources(possibly Andy Burton’s flat mate) Big Sam is going to take over Blackburn

The whoring around Allardyce has been doing to get himself back on the managerial merrygoround has been fairly embarrassing so it’s best for all concered that he’s got a job.

It has been confirmed that he has got the job

nice yarn in one of the sundays recently about how Big Sam took Limerick fc over in the early 90’s for a season, vaguely remember it myself, it was his first managers job.
its been all downhill since then

From the Telegraph

Rovers have moved quickly to name a successor to former England midfielder Paul Ince, who was dismissed yesterday after less than six months in the job

Although former Ewood Park manager Graeme Souness was linked with the vacancy, club chairman John Williams immediately identified Allardyce as his man.

A statement on Rovers’ website read: “Blackburn Rovers are delighted to announce the appointment of Sam Allardyce as manager with immediate effect.”

Rovers, with three wins from 17 Premier League games this season, lie second from bottom of the Premier League table. They face Stoke City at home on Saturday and were to be under the stewardship of Ince’s backroom staff - Archie Knox, Ray Mathias and Karl Robinson.

“Our coaching staff and all of the players fully understand the importance of this weekend’s game,” Williams had said.

“Our supporters can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to get the team climbing the Premier League table as soon as possible.”

Earlier, Souness said he was not surprised at speculation linking him with the job but confirmed he would not be returning to Ewood Park.

He told the Lancashire Telegraph: "I don’t know anything and have had no contact at all from Blackburn Rovers.

“It doesn’t surprise me to see my name in there but I’m not your man, I can definitely say that.”

Former Bolton and Newcastle manager Allardyce was keen to get back into management, after nearly a year out of the game, and the discontent from Blackburn fans when he was linked with the post before Ince was appointed seems to have disappeared.

Hope they get relegated as I cannot stand thte cunt to be honest…

[quote=“Locke”]From the Telegraph

Rovers have moved quickly to name a successor to former England midfielder Paul Ince, who was dismissed yesterday after less than six months in the job

Although former Ewood Park manager Graeme Souness was linked with the vacancy, club chairman John Williams immediately identified Allardyce as his man.

A statement on Rovers’ website read: “Blackburn Rovers are delighted to announce the appointment of Sam Allardyce as manager with immediate effect.”

Rovers, with three wins from 17 Premier League games this season, lie second from bottom of the Premier League table. They face Stoke City at home on Saturday and were to be under the stewardship of Ince’s backroom staff - Archie Knox, Ray Mathias and Karl Robinson.

“Our coaching staff and all of the players fully understand the importance of this weekend’s game,” Williams had said.

“Our supporters can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to get the team climbing the Premier League table as soon as possible.”

Earlier, Souness said he was not surprised at speculation linking him with the job but confirmed he would not be returning to Ewood Park.

He told the Lancashire Telegraph: "I don’t know anything and have had no contact at all from Blackburn Rovers.

“It doesn’t surprise me to see my name in there but I’m not your man, I can definitely say that.”

Former Bolton and Newcastle manager Allardyce was keen to get back into management, after nearly a year out of the game, and the discontent from Blackburn fans when he was linked with the post before Ince was appointed seems to have disappeared.[/quote]

Rovers?

Well considering it mentions Blackburn Rovers twice and Blackburn itself another time I think it is fairly obvious which Rovers they are on about:rolleyes:

They have no chance of being relegated now that they have changed manager,it works better than getting 6 walkovers in this fantasy league beyond in England,watch all those fickle little pricks on 50 grand a week burst thier nuts for Allerdice for the rest of the season and finish about 8th.

I don’t know to be honest link…Santa Cruz and Benni McCarthy both look like they don’t give a fuck and want out in january, what with Friedel and Bentley both gone and Steven Reid out for the season I think they will struggle, although they will probably get at least 4 if not 6 points from their next two games against Sunderland and Stoke