Manchester United 16/17

I like the way united fans now consider the Europa league important, and a double of that and the league cup is now a success. They remind me of Liverpool fans, who of course they would rightly be mocking if they took such a position

1 Like

It’s incredible ---- he’s won a trophy is all you hear ---- Poor auld Gerrard Houlier was lambasted for winning the three cups.

At least houllier had the decency to win 5

I agree with all of that, which makes me decidedly uncomfortable.

I only see it as important in that it gives qualification to the Champions League which, in turns, means it’s easier to sign marquee players. I’d rate it as similar to gaining promotion from Division 2 of the National Hurling League.

2 Likes

Do the winners of the champions league always come from the europa?

Man U are going for the treble mate. They won the Charity Shield as well. To put it in perspective, Mourinho is the first manager in the history of Man U since their foundation in 1902 to win even one trophy in his first season as manager.

Throw in the record breaking 25 game unbeaten league run as well. It’s been an excellent season. The Special One hasn’t lost his touch.

??

He’s making a witty reference to the winners of the NHL always coming from Division 1B.

holy fuck sid

They’ve scored less goals than Bournemouth and have currently 2 more goals than what they scored last season, 11 less than the season before and the same number as the season before that. They’ve drawn 11 home league games this season failing to score against West Brom, Hull and Burnley because Mourinho is a negative, cowardly coach who sets his teams up not to lose. They are painful to watch and he’s fallen out with their best young player among others. I’m not sure where you’re getting the far more positive this season out of unless you are just believing what you’re been told by the spin machine.

United are currently 1 point and 1 place worse off than where they finished last season. They’ll probably add maybe 3 more points but they will finish 6th. Would you have taken that at the start of the season after adding €100m Pogba, Zlatan, the Bundesliga player of the year and a €30m centre half to the team that finished 5th last year? Blind loyalty to an EPL team when you’re 15 or 16 is one thing but I’m guessing you’re in your 30’s or early 40’s, mate? Come on ffs sake.

3 Likes

I like the way that you are such an EPL fanboy that you would make such an inane juvenile comment

thanks statto

No problem, me oul flower.

:grin:

:grin:

Painting you and your kids red and going to the game?

Full kit family.

Calling your terraced house ‘Old Trafford’

1 Like

Man Utd duvets and PJs

Don’t you follow the Irish rugby football team?

It has been a disappointing league campaign but United have needed a radical overhaul for quite some time and he has started it.

The likes of Chelsea and Liverpool have had no other distractions this season. Win on Wednesday week and it has been a decent season. No chance Rashford will be ousted, this thing about not giving youth players a chance is drivel. He just handed that useless cunt Lingard a lucrative four year deal. Tuanzebe and Fosu Mensah been in squads.

Jose gets people’s backs up. If United get over Ajax - by no means guaranteed considering he’ll be missing both his first choice centre halves and striker - that’ll be two trophies and a solid platform to build upon.

1 Like