Manchester United 16/17

Jose decided to field strong teams in the league cup and FA cup. He could also have said no to the EL and concentrated on the league - Are you blaming Jose for UTd’s current league position so?

Yes, mate. What does that have to do with this discussion?

“Jose” gets people’s backs up because he is a wanker, a fact you would’ve fully endorsed before he swapped his Chelsea jersey for your beloved United jersey. He has been ran out of every club he’s managed since Porto apart from Inter and he’ll be ran out of Old Trafford as well.

The ease with which he’s persuaded Manchester United supporters it’s acceptable not to attack away from home against anyone in the EPL top ten because they’re playing some no mark team in the Europa League the following Thursday is absolutely tremendous.

3 Likes

Woke up this morning feeling fine
Got Man Utd on my mind
Jose’s got us playing the way Utd should
Something tells me I’m into something good

Let me state, that apart from Jose’s bizarre treatment of the gentleman that is Arsene Wenger, I think he’s a great fella, and have consistently stated so on here. united as a club are very lucky to have him.

I admire the “fans” for how they have accepted life under their new manager, and are content to accept their new hierarchy, on the basis that they will spend another 250M in the Summer to make the step up to the next level. Its hard not to feel for Jose, given he has his hands tied with having to play payers such as this Rashface fella, once he can spend around 300M I’m sure he’ll discard some of the dross in the club and get back into the top 4.

The distraction of Europa League football is a direct result of them being shit in the league.

It’s almost cultish…

Under Mourinho this season, Man U picked up just 10 points from 10 games against the five sides above them. Van Gaal picked up 18 points in both his seasons in charge from those Top 6 head to heads - which is actually 2 points more than the 16 Chelsea picked up this season in their 10 Top 6 head to head games.

The consolation goal at White Hart Lane yesterday was the first goal Man U scored in 5 away games against the Top 5 - 6 games if you throw in the FA Cup quarter final Stamford Bridge. Under Mourinho, they have been lacking somewhat in attacking intent on their visits to the stronger sides.

First away goal to a top 6 team in 3 years for the expansive one.

so what?

I was merely responding to the post from @dodgy_keeper. In listing the accomplishments of Mourinho this season, @dodgy_keeper cited home victories over Chelsea and Spurs and draws home and away to Liverpool. Maybe you’d be better served directing your question to @dodgy_keeper.

@dodgy_keeper
After 36 league games, Manchester United – the pre-season second favourites – are 22 points behind leaders Chelsea, the same gap to the champions as at the end of 2013/14, when David Moyes and Ryan Giggs were the club’s two managers.

Mourinho’s team are now one point above the total achieved by Moyes and Giggs in that disastrous 2013/14, when United reached a modern-day nadir. Under Mourinho, United are heading for their second lowest position and second lowest points total of the Premier League era

Moyes inherited a side who had won the league at a canter the previous season.

LVG inherited a side free of European distractions and scraped 4th in his first season, all while dismantling the squad and buying - for the most part - dross in the transfer market. Di Maria, Falcao, Schneiderlin, the over the hill Schweinsteiger, Depay and co.

Mourinho inherited a side who had the life, flair and confidence sucked out of them despite the cup victory. He has already won a trophy, made united hard to beat (long unbeaten record in the league), got some of the dross out the door in January and has the club in a European final while in the middle of an injury crisis. All in all not too bad for his first season.

2 Likes

I thought he was “The Special One”?

He sacrificed the league for the league cup tho which is bizarre.

They won the Charity Shield as well. That’s a trophy.

Plus they’re much more positive now and are very easy on the eye.

1 Like

:laughing:

Is it possible, that a plastic treble is on?

:grin:

They have emojis now.