Manchester United 2014/15

At least his dutch arrogance and self confidence won’t let him be photographed walking around with Ferguson’s autobiography getting on a plane before a champions league match

Serious re-build of the squad is required and his success will be depend on whether he get’s the money required from the Glazer’s to get in players to get United back to the top where they should be.

Report’s of Fabregas and Robben being his target’s would want to be wide of the mark in my opinion

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/louis-van-gaal-ends-manchester-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich?CMP=twt_gu

I see Paul Scholes’ quotes today about Rooney being past his best. 5-year deal on £300k per week still to run, of course.

Evra has signed a new 1 year contract.

Lovely.

I predict this appointment will end in failure and more recrimination. There’s more than a whiff of yesterday’s man about Van Gaal. Man U have essentially gone for a big name whose major achievements are a long time in the past, a bit like Giovanni Trapattoni getting the Eire job. Actually this appointment is probably more like Scolari going to Chelsea or Dalglish returning to Liverpool. Looked good on paper, but two guys around the 60 mark who were yesterday’s men at club level and failed.

The template in management now is what Atletico Madrid, Everton, Liverpool and Barcelona (in the not too distant past) have gone with, young dynamic managers in their early 40’s.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 949045, member: 377”]I predict this appointment will end in failure and more recrimination. There’s more than a whiff of yesterday’s man about Van Gaal. Man U have essentially gone for a big name whose major achievements are a long time in the past, a bit like Giovanni Trapattoni getting the Eire job. Actually this appointment is probably more like Scolari going to Chelsea or Dalglish returning to Liverpool. Looked good on paper, but two guys around the 60 mark who were yesterday’s men at club level and failed.

The template in management now is what Atletico Madrid, Everton, Liverpool and Barcelona (in the not too distant past) have gone with, young dynamic managers in their early 40’s.[/QUOTE]
Rocko put this post as an article on the front page immediately

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 949045, member: 377”]I predict this appointment will end in failure and more recrimination. There’s more than a whiff of yesterday’s man about Van Gaal. Man U have essentially gone for a big name whose major achievements are a long time in the past, a bit like Giovanni Trapattoni getting the Eire job. Actually this appointment is probably more like Scolari going to Chelsea or Dalglish returning to Liverpool. Looked good on paper, but two guys around the 60 mark who were yesterday’s men at club level and failed.

The template in management now is what Atletico Madrid, Everton, Liverpool and Barcelona (in the not too distant past) have gone with, young dynamic managers in their early 40’s.[/QUOTE]
Post of the year.

Ya but all the glaziers are interested in is getting back in the champions league. This should be doable has half the clubs in the epl show the belly at the first sign of a united jersey. He will then be paraded as a roaring success. They only need a couple of players to be competing for a top four.

Condolences to all forum Manchester United supporters on the sad passing of your dear owner Malcolm Glazer.

The family have asked that all funeral attendees wear green and yellow.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 951225, member: 9”]Condolences to all forum Manchester United supporters on the sad passing of your dear owner Malcolm Glazer.

The family have asked that all funeral attendees wear green and yellow.[/QUOTE]
If only the debt died with him!

It’s like when Thatcher died. :clap:

If only the class of 92 died with him

Was he sick?

Sickening seeing all the ungrateful cunts of United fans applaud Malcolm Glazer’s passing. They complain about the club servicing the debt but they quickly forget that it was the Glazers who have turned the club into the financial behemoth that it is today. Anyone know what the turnover was when they took over and what it is today?

My condolences to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at this most difficult of times.

Malcolm in the Middle (Grave) :eek:

Hopefully the kids will decide to sell up now. Brought nothing but trouble since 2005.

Fergie would have been a better one surely?

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 951239, member: 6”]Sickening seeing all the ungrateful cunts of United fans applaud Malcolm Glazer’s passing. They complain about the club servicing the debt but they quickly forget that it was the Glazers who have turned the club into the financial behemoth that it is today. Anyone know what the turnover was when they took over and what it is today?

My condolences to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at this most difficult of times.[/QUOTE]

Well said. They really are an ungrateful lot. The Glazer’s also delivered the most success laden decade in the history of Man U since their founding in 1902. I suspect some of the resentment towards them from Man U fans has anti-semitic overtones to it.

Not been a bad last few weeks to end the season.