Manchester United 2014/15

That was poor yesterday. A very limp performance. Lacked pace, intellect and intensity. No attacking player can be happy with their performance and LVG didn’t exactly come out smelling of roses either. I was surprised he dispensed his system at the first sign of trouble which will surely have repercussions going forward?

We need to move on a few players and fast. Cut our loses and get some new blood in. Last year we won 4-1 v Swansea and Moyes thought his squad was ok and subsequently just signed Fellaini. Maybe this will see the required and immediate action in the transfer market.

Can’t see any top class player wanting to join United at the moment.

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1001261, member: 179”]Banquos ghost, together with a host of cunts

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/320/media/images/76982000/jpg/_76982946_023523425.jpg[/QUOTE]

Was the international cunt of year competition held yesterday?

Mourinho professed himself happy around the middle of July with Chelsea’s squad for the season ahead and their transfer dealings and indicated there would be no further transfer activity needed prior to 31 August. Something similar last season at Manchester City, Pellegrini had all his shopping done well before the start of the season.

Van Gaal was appointed on 19 May. Why is it that all this business still has to be done and the season is already up and running?

This was one of the reasons united needed to do their business early in the summer. Another bad start to the season means it will limit even further the pool of players willing to sign for them.

Utd will win the league handy this season. Only one game a week and a master tactician as manager. They were bang on to get rid of Moyes…

He may be one of the worlds biggest cunts and have done no favours to those following on but as time goes on it becomes more and more apparent the unbelievably good job ferguson did managing that group of players

Big interview with the chosen one in the Mail on Sunday today. Said he wasn’t given enough time.

Or alternatively - the vast sums of money he wasted on average players.

[SIZE=6]Paul Scholes fears Man Utd could vanish into the ‘wilderness’
[/SIZE]
Paul Scholes says he is “genuinely scared” for his former club Manchester United and fears they could disappear into the “wilderness”.

The 2012-13 champions finished seventh last year, and started the new campaign under Louis van Gaal with a 2-1 home defeat against Swansea City.

“I’m sick of having to criticise the club to which I gave my life as a player,” Scholes told the Independent.

“But United need to arrest their decline.”

United completed the £16m signing of Argentina international defender Marcos Rojo on a five-year contract on Wednesday.

But Scholes, 39, who briefly joined United’s backroom staff after David Moyes’s sacking in April, claims Van Gaal still needs to sign up to five players before the transfer deadline on 1 September.

“What do they need? Five proper players who can hit the ground running and turn round a situation that looks desperate,” he added.

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 1004063, member: 377”][SIZE=6]Paul Scholes fears Man Utd could vanish into the ‘wilderness’
[/SIZE]
Paul Scholes says he is “genuinely scared” for his former club Manchester United and fears they could disappear into the “wilderness”.

The 2012-13 champions finished seventh last year, and started the new campaign under Louis van Gaal with a 2-1 home defeat against Swansea City.

“I’m sick of having to criticise the club to which I gave my life as a player,” Scholes told the Independent.

“But United need to arrest their decline.”

United completed the £16m signing of Argentina international defender Marcos Rojo on a five-year contract on Wednesday.

But Scholes, 39, who briefly joined United’s backroom staff after David Moyes’s sacking in April, claims Van Gaal still needs to sign up to five players before the transfer deadline on 1 September.

“What do they need? Five proper players who can hit the ground running and turn round a situation that looks desperate,” he added.[/QUOTE]
Think united need to lower their sights a bit now. They’re going to chase quality like khedira and di Maria again and end up with nothing. They need to start chatting up a few fat ones towards the end of the night.

eapparently welbeck, cleverley and zaha are all available for loan.

manyoo fans, is welbeck this generation’s heskey or is there a very well hidden talent there ? @croppy_boy[/USER] [USER=41]@Captainshan[/USER] [USER=1552]@dodgy-keeper ?

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1004672, member: 179”]eapparently welbeck, cleverley and zaha are all available for loan.

manyoo fans, is welbeck this generation’s heskey or is there a very well hidden talent there ? @croppy_boy[/USER] [USER=41]@Captainshan[/USER] [USER=1552]@dodgy-keeper ?[/QUOTE]

I would keep all three. If pushed, I would jettison Welbeck first, Cleverley second and then Zaha. Zaha is lightning fast (we don’t have enough pace) and Van Gaal will soon realise how shit Valencia is. Getting rid of him is stupid. Welbeck and Cleverley need to be sat down told they are shit at the moment and re-educated. Cleverley was excellent when he broke into the team at first and constantly showed for the ball and tried to go forward well. This was, alas, a brief period. He has been shit for well over a year now. I would hope he is young enough to relearn under Van Gaal.
Welbeck has demonstrated that he can be excellent occasionally but there remains the huge problem that while a superb finisher of dinks and flicks, he fails abysmally when it comes to actually striking the ball in a normal manner. I just can’t see the future for him as a non-scoring forward.

Welbeck- Works hard for the team. The United Kuyt in many ways. He is very frustrating in front of goal. Decision making at times is poor. Hope Lvg can turn him into a better player.
Zaha- Haven’t seen enough of him to be honest. Needs to go on loan to a Epl team to show what he is about. Attitude has to improve.
Cleverly- Wouldn’t mind him being sold. He never has got back to the levels of his great 10/11 start to the season. A squad player at best.

Great insight into the mind of Lvg in this interview with Gary Neville.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/louis-van-gaal/11052364/Louis-van-Gaal-It-has-been-a-very-difficult-start-at-Manchester-United-but-I-will-deliver.html

What about De Maria, are we going to get him?

Guillem Balague believes the deal is close. He said Ronaldo told him to come to United. :clap:

Reports suggest Di Maria will sign for Utd and will wear the iconic number 7 shirt, made famous by Michael Owen

To go to…

Di Maria would be a cracking signing. :clap:

backed united for the league there