Manchester United 2014/15

[QUOTE=“braz83, post: 1020666, member: 390”]Funnily enough, I’m not too concerned by today. Evans and Jones coming back will help things at the back, though both are fairly injury prone which is a worry. Even at that, they are not good enough for where we ultimately want to get to, but there is no chance of winning the league this year anyway and they are good enough to prevent episodes like today. He could also put Rojo to centre back once Shaw is fit. Blackett is certainly out of his depth, and we do ultimately need a top-class centre back. Probably would have got away with it today though if it wasn’t for one of the strangest refereeing decisions I’ve seen for some time.

There’s plenty of goals in the team anyway. All other key rivals for fourth lost this weekend, so a lost opportunity but no ground lost.[/QUOTE]
Thank you Kevin Keegan

True. The problem last season was their record against sides in the top half of the table. The flat track bullying was as good as it ever was during Sir Alex’s tenure. Against the sides in the bottom half, it was something like only 10 points they dropped all season (only 7 of those on Moysie’s watch), losing at home to West Brom, drawing at home to Fulham, drawing at Cardiff and losing at home to Sunderland.

Already under Van Gaal in just 5 games, 10 points have been dropped to Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley & Leicester and 8 goals have been conceded to that quartet of sides.

[QUOTE=“braz83, post: 1020666, member: 390”]Funnily enough, I’m not too concerned by today. Evans and Jones coming back will help things at the back, though both are fairly injury prone which is a worry. Even at that, they are not good enough for where we ultimately want to get to, but there is no chance of winning the league this year anyway and they are good enough to prevent episodes like today. He could also put Rojo to centre back once Shaw is fit. Blackett is certainly out of his depth, and we do ultimately need a top-class centre back. Probably would have got away with it today though if it wasn’t for one of the strangest refereeing decisions I’ve seen for some time.

There’s plenty of goals in the team anyway. All other key rivals for fourth lost this weekend, so a lost opportunity but no ground lost.[/QUOTE]

what end of the field does this refer to?

I think it’s more Ossie Ardiles era Spurs that we are emulating at the moment.

Liverpool v Man U should be some craic. Double digit goals I bet.

Louis Van Gaal thinks he’s playing feckin Football Manager. Honestly I think even @Rocko would do a better job at the moment. He’s making a fool of himself.

He needs to cop on and set the team up properly. That Vardy goal was a disgrace, with such a high line, all of the midfielders ahead of the ball and centre halves so far apart you could get LVG’s ego in there.

Simple things can right the ship straight away. I won’t go into them now as I’m watching something.

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 1021091, member: 1408”]
and centre halves so far apart you could get LVG’s ego in there [/QUOTE]

:smiley:

[QUOTE=“Scrunchie, post: 1021091, member: 1408”]Louis Van Gaal thinks he’s playing feckin Football Manager. Honestly I think even @Rocko would do a better job at the moment. He’s making a fool of himself.

He needs to cop on and set the team up properly. That Vardy goal was a disgrace, with such a high line, all of the midfielders ahead of the ball and centre halves so far apart you could get LVG’s ego in there.

Simple things can right the ship straight away. I won’t go into them now as I’m watching something.[/QUOTE]
:smiley:

Rooney is some stupid fucking cunt to do that right in front of the ref.

Big 25 minutes for Beavis here.

Never been so relieved to see United grab a win. Thought was done when Nolans goal went in. Rooney what a prick. Caused all that with his stupidity. McNair who is probably on a 1/500th of what Rooney earns was magnificent.

You’ve leapt above Liverpool in the table, pal.

:clap: Onwards and upwards. Juan Mata will get a run in the team now anyway. Rooney is banned till the derby I think.

Liverpool in all sorts of trouble. Only 3 points above relegation. They’ve a proverbial 6 pointer next week against West Brom

I seem to be in a very small minority that thought it wasn’t a sending off. Thought it was fairly clear that he was just trying to trip him to prevent a counter-attack, but it got a bit awkward. Caught him high up in the leg, but it wasn’t in any was dangerous or reckless I thought.

He made a pigs ear of trying to trip him though and just kicked him. It was a very cynical thing to do anyway. Id say it will be between United and Arsenal for 3th at this stage.

McNairs clearance yesterday.

http://gfycat.com/FlashyOpulentEkaltadeta

The rules don’t allow a referee to interpret intent.

United are on a hiding to nothing unless they sort out their defence. What Rooney did was retarded but he is blamed for a lot of the ills within the club unfairly imo.

[QUOTE=“Captainshan, post: 1023795, member: 41”]He made a pigs ear of trying to trip him though and just kicked him. It was a very cynical thing to do anyway. Id say it will be between United and Arsenal for 3th at this stage.

McNairs clearance yesterday.

http://gfycat.com/FlashyOpulentEkaltadeta[/QUOTE]

Cynical is fine. Pull him back or trip him up. It was like he was slower than he thought and ended up having to follow through to make sure his trip connected so he hit him much higher. Fucking jokeshop.

Which proverb would that be?