Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Carthorse insurance

1 Like

Someone said yesterday that hea been bought to stop united getting countered on. Thats fanciful too. Hes been playing in highly organised teams where workrate was valued and demanded. A culture.

United lose the ball ad Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, Shaw, Dalot and Bruno are all advanced putting in a half jog to get back. Casemiro won’t spend too long looking at that, he’ll go on the sick

1 Like

He’ll definitely mitigate it, regardless of what the forwards are doing, McTominay and Fred dont know where to be in defensive transitions. Also though, the midfielders and wingers losing the ball at completely unexpected moments is a huge problem.

I think a big problem he will face is the likes of McTominay and Bruno forcing passes when they are not on. Bruno plays like a typical English midfielder and its hugely disruptive to the team. Madrid would always circulate the ball, get a rhythm and choose the right moment, like Modric drawing out Robertson in the UCL final.

I think United would be better off sending Bruno to the reserves and flogging him in January. He is a terrible, terrible influence on the pitch.

3 Likes

I think ideally, they want another good midfielder in there with him alright. Like I get they are basically expecting him to transform the thing on his own. Not even a superstar, just a good wily international class midfielder like when Wolves got Moutinho.

1 Like

Ten Haag seems to want to build a pressing team, he needs a lot more than a 30 year old sitter to do that. He needs energy and pace.

The club is toxic. Lads are coming in on big money and phoning it in every week.

350k a week plus bonuses.

He should look at what they have and understand they cant play that way.

While definitely there are lads that could try harder, fundamental problem is they’ve paid top money for the likes of AWB, Sancho and Maguire. Look what City got for less.

Like there are sound technical reasons why these lads aren’t working out regardless off effort

Maguire can’t run, and is now taking up outrageous positions to try and cover that

Shaw is overweight and cant run either, the new Argentinian looks a fine footballer but is undersized

AWB- first touch and passing
Sancho- is too slow to play wide right in the Premier League, needs to go to the left and cut in.

Fred- tries hard, but technically very little security and plays off the cuff

Van De Beek- doesnt have it physically, although I think he deserves a shot

Bruno could try harder, he has stopped getting into the box late which was his strength, as clueless as McFred when it comes to midfield play. Martial has a lot of talent and could try harder. Rashford is very limited technically and not as quick as people think.

Et cetera, et cetera, there just isnt that much there.

Incidentally, Paul Merson called it right on nearly all the recent United signings. He had to apologise to Maguire for saying he couldn’t play on the halfway line. Said AWB couldn’t attack, that VDB looked callow.

3 Likes

Merson called Maguire out right at the start, and said because basically he wasn’t a great footballer, he was only decent in a back three, which he played in at Leicester, but couldn’t play any other way.

4 Likes

It was disgraceful, he was browbeaten by peers into giving an apology. I remember Jamie Rednapp calling his comments disgraceful.

I think Maguire and Pickford will cost them at the World Cup.

You’ve left out Ronaldo there. Possibly the worst decision they’ve made

2 Likes

Yep, they were a somewhat competent counterattacking team, got to a Europa final.

Greenwood being a complete scumbag, he was the only one there with elite potential.

1 Like

If ingerland win the world cup, @bandage can choose my username for a year. They haven’t a fcuking hope.

3 Likes

The fella Vinicius at Real Madrid, I must put a few bob on him to be player of the tournament. Hes flying it.

The ingerlish are so thick they mistake Southgate standing mute on the sideline with a pained expression in a smart outfit as his side get tactically outwitted and slowly overrun (despite having some generational talent like foden) for intelligence.

1 Like

They’ve had 3 or 4 managers with different philosophies and all sacked after half doing jobs and what they’re left with is a Frankenstein squad that isnt really good at anything.

If i was going about the job, de gea gone, if you want to pass out, he cant do it, new right back, keep varane, get the small lad into midfield, get rid of the rest.

I dont even know where you’d start with the midfield and front 3. Fuck me.

You’re looking at a minimum 3 year rebuild to get functional and probably hundreds of millions worth of investment. To get functional that is.

2 Likes

As long as the strict Spanish FFP rules don’t banjax him.

1 Like

Foden, Kane, Reese James, Trent, Kyle Walker are serious players.

They should ditch Maguire, put Reece James into the back 3 with Walker and play Trent wingback.

2 Likes

He’s cute enough to keep his mouth shut.

1 Like

He needs to pick Rice holding and fuck away with 2 holding midfielders. He has a load of creative players. Play rice with Foden and Mount, 3 energetic, dynamic players

2 Likes