Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Literally haven’t invested a penny. Service the debt that they increased to buy the club every year. Invest a very small proportion of commercial revenue in badly-thought out play recruitment, but not enough to ompacts annual dividends. No investment in rapidly depreciating infrastructures and presude over a continually falling share price.

Hardly good business practice.

The outside of the stand got a kick of paint tbf.

Hilarious.

You would be better off worrying about finn harps stadium

Bulit ironic coming from a Northside supporter of a southside club that had no stadium for almost 30 years.

Why should they if the club is generating enough to make massive investment in transfers. They have got it wrong on the pitch but using money generated from operations is v sensible and means the club isn’t reliant on them or anyone…

2 Likes

Ah stop. Have united fallen this much?

If somebody akin to the glazers tried to buy let’s say arsenal next week they wouldn’t be allowed.

They’ve taken a billion out of the club and while people claim they’ve done a good job growing the club the reality is that’s horse shit.

There was a good article on the Barcelona board as far back at 99 obsessing over how man United were marketing in the Asia, the us and Australia.

Man united were on their way to a superpower long before the glazers took over and thanks to unprecedented success under fergie it just kept growing.

Them buying united also the PL tv deals absolutely explode which again had little or nothing to do with them. They simply were riding the wave.

Since fergie retired they’ve been badly exposed football wise. At least a billion wasted and a billion pocketed. The stadium, the training facilities and the academy are miles behind the likes of Man City, spurs and arsenal.

Man united were floated around a similar time to Google. I think Google’s shares have gone on 8 times. Man united are down two dollars. In this time football has absolutely exploded transfers, wages and everything else.

It’s a little like a builder in the Celtic tiger. They all made fortunes but nearly all went broke too. Man united are in a very ropey position particularly if things don’t pick up on the field.

2 Likes

You have to spend money to make money is the old adage.

I don’t believe Man U was ever reliant on the glazers, they took a massive loan to buy it and immediately saddled the Company that operates the club with that debts.

All investment in players comes from the money made by the Club, some of the billions wasted on poor football talent eg Maguire should have been used to upgrade facilities and the Stadium. The philosophy seems to be Fur coat and no knickers at present.

Mate. They let the Saudis buy a club. I think someone like the Glazers would be just fine

6 Likes

It was hard to read beyond that line :smiley:

They did, but TBF they also grew off field revenue massively. They have and are spending loads on the team in transfer fees and salary, but they’ve wasted a phenomenal amount of it. Now that’s on them too to a large extent. But the idea that United don’t have the money is clearly false.

In correct.

Wrong, wrong and more wrong.

Literally last year. Exact same thing

in what way did the Galzer’s specifically grow the revenue?

I must have missed where someone said United didnt have money.

You clearly didn’t even read the article. It’s not even remotely similar.

Thats the exact same alright.

They didn’t.

They bought one of the worlds biggest football clubs a season or two before football exploded.

yes, i realise this i am asking @Julio_Geordio to provide evidence to the contrary.