Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

The lad Nketieh at Arsenal looks a beast, would’ve been a great signing on a free. Watching Ronaldo when he came on yesterday, can see why there have been no takers. Looked a finished player.

Martial looked good on Monday night and I’ve always thought Rashford, if he is going to be a player, it will be as a 9. If they two lads wash out, 9 will be the next thing but they’re still poor in the build up and I’d say another quality midfielder is the biggest thing.

With regards to Rashford. At one stage I too thought he would do it as a number 9. However having watched him over the last 2 years he will struggle to make the team soon let alone make it as a starting number 9. The lack of effort out of him again yesterday when he was given that opportunity. He wouldn’t go into a dark room either.

2 Likes

Not seen much of this Antony lad but those stats would make you wonder if £100m is a bit steep. Is he better than David Neres who Ajax sold for €15m?

The new manager has asked for £100 million to sign this Anthony chap and it looks like the unfairly maligned Glazers are going to go out and buy yet another Man U manager the most expensive shiny toy in the transfer market, that he’s looking for.

1 Like

I’m not gone on the casemiro signing but everything I hear is positive on him.

I don’t think Anthony is a great signing.

If he turns out to do well ten hag is a genius. His stats are brutal and doesn’t seem to be any other clubs even half interested in him. Does he even make the Brazil starting team?

I’m not even sure that means much. Fred and Alex telles were playing fro Brazil last year.

Yeah but you’d expect any fella who’s going to make an impression in the EPL to at least be an international regular. It seems a very strange transfer.

1 Like

ETH is the new Roy Keane

I think he’s a good signing. Knows what ETH expects, has a killer touch.

Price tag a bit high but similar to Liverpool paying the same fee for someone from the Portuguese league.

Ok I’ll ask it, who is Antony?

He’s the lad you’d say a prayer to after losing something

8 Likes

100 million :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

That must have United close to the quarter a billion pound spent this window @ChairmanDan ?

It seems a sizeable chunk (5m) is in add-ons, so just the 95m outlay initially

money-burn

@croppy_boy is your man for the fancy spreadsheets with up to date transfer spends.

@Arthur has christened him Anto. They’ll be hoping it proves a better gamble than the ones Anto in Fair City has been hedging lately.