Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Interesting debateā€¦ is it impact in games, on teams, trophies won, crucial goals scored or pure natural footballing skill and talent at a players best. If its just pure skill and ability the likes of Eden hazard or robaldinho are probably better than Cristiano. If itā€™s the former, i know R9 was the key player top scorer in a world cup win which rates pretty highly but what are his other main achievements? What was his best league or European cup winning season?

Thatā€™s complete nonsense. He turned into a pelanty box no.9 in the latter half of his career, especially at Madrid. In his Utd days he would take players on consistently.

Correct.

Me wumming?

Tis easy know you were hardly alive then

2 Likes

Ole Ole on TG4 in the mid to late 90s. Brilliant. Iā€™m nearly, sure the year they started was the season Ronaldo scored his cracker against Compestela. Either I watched it on that or else on Sgorio on S4C. Bad and all as extensive coverage was at the time, there was always something on and the coverage was expanding.

Glannta amach a hierro

I didnā€™t watch it as I was out sniffing pritt stick and fingering chancey wans

Hard to credit that statement

Easy know the lads who grew up with social media guiding them

As I said in his prime which was at Real Madrid he was a penalty box player. He was nowhere near as good at Man Utd when he was still a winger

Ah he was outstanding for man united. He scored 40 odd goals in the
07/08 campaign.

I never said he wasnā€™t. He just wasnā€™t as good as he later became

All the flicks and tricks messi and ronaldo did in the early days were removed out of their games because they didnā€™t work against the low block type defences they continually came up against. They just become robotic assassin types.

Ronaldo and Ronaldinho never had to deal with those types of defences. Not as regularly anyway.

He was a nawful show pony when he went there first. Nothing but step overs and no end product. He drove strikers mad. He did well to right himself. He really kicked on when he got out of united

1 Like

Youre talking nonsense as usual. He was incredible at Utd and was anything but ā€˜limitedā€™ at his peak. Scored off his left, right, head, inside, outside the box. The use of limited is a dumb phrase when his purpose was to score goals, which he did at a ridiculous clip.

As I said he was a penalty box player. One of the best penalty box players of all time even

Thatā€™s an immensely stupid qualification

2 Likes

Between them Messi and Ronaldo have a combined total of 0 (zero) goals in the knockout stages of a World Cup.

1 Like

Messi has it all to prove still in that regard

United to win the league.