Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Messi played with probably the best midfield trio ever and Ronaldo played with Modric and Kroos who are definitely in the top 10 pairs, I accept your point but circumstances were favourable for them.

Their respective National Teams havent done much.

I think playing style is much more homogenised now due to coaching and we arent getting outright defenders any more, but failed/adapted wingers and central midfielders plus the odd freak athlete like Van Dijk and the Bayern left back.

1 Like

1 nil to the Arsenal…

1 Like

Poor choice of words on my part, more teams all do the same thing now

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Plus the offside rule was very different back then. its much more in the favour of forwards now with the “active” element introduced.

1 Like

The Italian teams would have put Arsenal in the ha’penny place too when it came to organised defensive systems. Lets see how much space Messi would have found between the great Milan midfield and back 4.

2 Likes

Ronaldo played in Italy with Inter Milan and less successfully so with AC. I’d imagine he encountered plenty of low block and resolute defensive systems during this time. Football was nearly more cautious back then if anything. Think of all the tense Champions League games in the early to mid 00’s.

@myboyblue while Mitten does have a close relationship with the club, he is by no means a club mouthpiece. He has done some very good articles highlighting the state of Old Trafford, spoken about the facilities, the hole in the roof etc… he has also written negative articles about the glazers.

Ah here. MBB has no interest in any actual discussion here. Why anyone would answer him on this thread mistifies me.

2 Likes

Mitten knows how it works, give a little, get a little. He plays the game. You’d be a fool to think otherwise. If he didn’t have his uses the Club wouldn’t tolerate him.

Nani had more talent than cr

Liam Brady had a cracking comment earlier in week about the only 2 things he looks back on in life with regret. One is that he never got to play in a major tournament for Roi the other is that Piers Morgan is an a Arsenal fan

7 Likes

He’s doing well in life of those are the only regrets he has

It’s laughable how a non-entity of a light entertainment talking head like piers morgan has achieved undeserved significance as a right wing demagogue. Trump is sorely missed.

You’re some fool if you think Morgan was ever a lightweight.

His gifts to journalism are a scoop with aspoiled footballer, a dramatic revelation of a rift between megan and lizzy, and an occasional one-way satellite linkup with a third tier politician.
Jeremy Clarkson is twice the enfant terrible

1 Like

Morgan knows the game because he invented it

Maradona was kicked more but he also had a lot more space to play in. Its gas watching games back in the day how poor the defences are

And hacking a dead girl’s voicemail.

1 Like

My account was hacked