Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

The UEFA Cup is a lovely tournament for clubs unaccustomed to winning trophies. Granted it was a lot stronger back then, with clubs 2nd, 3rd and 4th in their domestic league competing, but I was delighted when Spurs won it in 1984.

1 Like

The elites of Europe like Real Madrid and Nottm Forest wouldnā€™t cross the street for a lousy Uefa Cup

I love the football Ten Hag has them playing. Speed on and off the ball, loads of movement and quick interchanges and teams being opened up in 3 or 4 touches in a blaze of pace and passing. Itā€™s electrifying tbf. I think Manchester United fans are rightfully excited about what the next few years holds in store if heā€™s delivered such significant improvement already. And itā€™s all happening within a solid overall team structure with everybody knowing their role and keeping defensively disciplined.

6 Likes

Weā€™ll smash you good and proper at Anfield

1 Like

And then attack the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Top Redz.

1 Like

The elite coterie of back to back European Cup champions hold themselves to a far higher standard. It is important though not to rain on anybody elseā€™s parade. These are heady days for Paddy Footix Man U fans, particularly with the dastardly scousers in a rut.

Iā€™d probably be nearly as giddy and happy as the Man U fans are if Spurs were contending for a UEFA Cup and Milk Cup. I donā€™t think theyā€™ve won any silverware since Coach Mourinhoā€™s triple winning season of Charity Shield/Milk Cup/UEFA Cup.

I see the same lads who were calling for the Glazers heads last month are now anointing Glazer appointed Ten Hag as the greatest manager of all time

2 Likes

It was quite an achievement to be only one goal behind at half time last night for Manchester United considering they opted to line out with this Weghorst lad.
Took him off, got that dickhead Bruno central and controlled the rest of the game.
Itā€™s very strange that heā€™s part of the starting team.
Betis only ever won La Liga once and were managed by an Irish ex Manchester United player, Paddy Oā€™Connell.

Iā€™ve said it consistently here for years, the Glazers are great owners. I wonder are there anti-Semitic overtones to all the anti-Glazer stuff over the years? Man U fans repeatedly top the league table for the most racist fanbase in the EPL.

Jesus @FlakeAway had a rough aul night on the internet last night.

Preston born, hotspurs supporting ex Carlow hurler @ChairmanDan seems a bit peeved by a resurgent Manchester United as well.

You love to see it all the same.

Weā€™ve seen it all. Weā€™ve won the lot. Weā€™re Man Utd and weā€™re never gonna stop

6 Likes

There was a very heavy police presence at the anti Glazer protests alright. The Chief Constable of the Greater Manchester Police wouldnā€™t be one to deploy his forces willy-nilly, you can be sure he had serious cause to go in as heavy handed as he did

Coach Solskjaer won the Premier League in 2021 and came very close to adding the UEFA Cup, only losing in a penalty competition when his goalkeeper missed.

With the chance of an upgrade to a quadruple if City get penalised. Some manager, Mourinho. Heā€™s won something at every club heā€™s managed.

Not quite. He only had to hang in there for 6 more days at Spurs to keep that record intact. Instead the glory of the 2021 Milk Cup win goes to Ryan Mason.

Jesus they must be shite so.

Ryan Mason has all the hallmarks of a serial winner. Just 6 days in the job and he delivers the Milk Cup. Thatā€™s why so many Spurs fans are keen to see Coach Mason back in the hot seat to replace Coach Conte.

1 Like

Terrific to see the machismo attitude being adopted by top Manyoo fan @BruidheanChaorthainn . Heā€™s crushing all pretenders to the throne with the ease of a man wiping the first hint of creamy porter off his upper lip.

Why do Bob Marleyā€™s final words come to mindā€¦

ā€œOn your way up take me up. On your way down donā€™t let me downā€

1 Like

united have always had a healthy disdain for spurs