Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Great boost for the United reds just now. Sir Alex’s Spirit Dancer winning the big one in Bahrain. A thumb in the eye to Abu Dhabi. A precursor to chasing down City this season?

You’d have to think so.

1 Like

Lapsed poster @croppy_boy was very excited about these two and was still holding out hope they’d get the Frenkie De Jong over the line, long after it became apparent he had no interest in leaving Barcelona

Morning, noon & night

Everything, everyone ok?

I reckon thay might say more about the manager son.

In fairness Lewandowski didn’t leave Dortmund for another 2 years after the RVP transfer in 2012 anyway. He spearheaded the Dortmund run to the Champions League final in 2013.

Did he not go to Bayern straight after that 2013 final?

A lot of United’s problems could have been solved if Kroos had joined in 2014 instead of going to Real. He would have been the game changer.

I thought that was Goetze? It was controversial at the time. Then Lewandowski the following summer? Hummels left fort Bayern in 2016 iirc. He played against Liverpool in the Europa League quarter-final that season but you got the sense he was out the door.

Maybe Lewandowski waited until summer 2014.

I just have strong memories playing “2 man World Cup” at lunchtime in school during the 2012-13 season and everyone wanted to be Lewandowski. He was ripping it up for Dortmund at the time.

Moyes wanted Kroos and Fabregas

Kroos had verbally agreed to join until Moysie got sacked.

1 Like

It was extremely random that he ended up spending four years at Fulham to begin with. Had his reputation been diminished at Juve before it? A few of the mid-table teams had brilliant keepers back then like Brad Friedel at Blackburn but Van Der Sar was a level above.

1 Like

Why are ye all posting in last seasons thread?

If my memory serves me right he’d issues with his eyes I think.

Jussie jassuklien ? Was a decent keeper at Bolton.

Mark Schwarzer at Boro too and David James at the likes of Man City and West Ham.

It’s driving xroppy mad

.Deschamps went to Chelsea off a world cup, think it was a combo of London and a knowledge of the juve corruption

You’re spot on here. It was a strange signing at the time given they already had an electric front 3 in Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. The year Berbatov won the Golden Boot 25% of his goals came in one game against Blackburn. Another 3 against a Liverpool team in disarray under Roy Hodgson. Himself and Anelka (08-09) weren’t top top Golden Boot winners.

It was similar to zatlan to Barcelona. The face didn’t fit.

The Yanited fans post where they want, post where they wanttttt :musical_note::musical_note:

Is Brailsford going to have an input to united going forward?