Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Remember when we signed rooney and Ronaldo we kept losing players to Real Madrid and we couldnā€™t really compete with Chelsea either.

Two lads lifted the whole club and changed the dynamic for 7/8 years which ended with another champions league.

Barcelona were a mess and they signed Ronaldinho. He lifted them on his back and changed the direction of the club.

Sometimes it can only take one or two individuals to change everything. Signing the likes of radiot is pointless. You want young, dynamic and ambitious lads coming in.

I was reading recently in the one summer Barcelona passed over on Haaland and Mbappe to sign Dembele instead. Imagine if the decision went the other way. It would change the whole sport nearly.

We can go the Liverpool route and sign a 100 million keeper, defender and striker etc etc or else we can be patient and find that one lad to ignite the whole thing Again.

They signed Dembele in 2017 when Haaland was 17, he didnā€™t join Salzberg until he was 19.

1 Like

Yep

Thereā€™s very few clubs who can sign one of the best players in the world when theyā€™re at a low ebb. Real and Barcelona are probably the only two

Liverpool had to rely on Klopp completely transforming Salah as a footballer, City brought in De Bruyne and there were question marks over him too.

That record United have about youth team players - is it consecutive games with a youth team player in the matchday squad or in the starting 11? Rashford and McTominay being the 2 youth team players yesterday suggests the troubles run very deep now.

Theyā€™d have gotten the two of them for half the money and half the wages but a baying mob was happy because they spent a big transfer fee.

The United fans here are pure comedy in fairness :joy:

12 Likes

Match day squad

1 Like

Haaland would never have signed for united, heā€™s City through and through.

Rashford looks like a lad gone the same way as Bamidele. Washed up. Iā€™d be surprised if he gets it back.

2 Likes

Rashford is a curious case because Iā€™m not sure he was overly rated in the academy. The likes of James Wilson would have had a much higher profile.

He got his chance due a huge injury crisis under van gaal and i Think even in the reserve team there was a few lads missing and he got a game in the uefa cup and never really looked back. Scored that night and v arsenal the following Saturday.

He played injured for about 18 months to try and make the European championships. It was a terrible idea and heā€™s lost the pace he relied on.

Ighalo scored about 15 one Premier League season for Watford. Checked it up there and Arnautovic never surpassed 11. Wouldnā€™t see a great difference between those two veterans.

Thereā€™s be a bang of a cult here about him. Heā€™s meant to be a lunatic.

Thinks he is Zlatan/Christiano Ronaldo without the application to back it up. Talented but very arrogant/highly strung. You might as well sign Balotelli

He was Marios friend at inter if I recall correctly.

For 10 million or whatever itā€™s hardly a huge risk. Give the fella a big goal bonus and a short term deal.

That Fulham striker looks a handful.

I canā€™t understand chasing Arnautovic but I can see the logic in Rabiot, who is a decent player but a bit of a headcase.

Youā€™d have to wonder if Man United Liverpool on 22nd August will go ahead as scheduled.

Pitch too dry?

Iā€™m not sure a 33 year old lunatic with a questionable temperament is what Man Utd need right now. They could actually do with a dynamic young forward. The attack looks weaker than last year after losing Cavani and Greenwood from the mix.