Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Where is the Ā£37m man Amad Diallo these days? Any sightings in Cafe Nero?

Did he really cost Ā£37 million? My god :person_facepalming:t3:

Iā€™ve been away. Iā€™ll report back in September

This guy?

2 Likes

New scouting report in - top targets as follows:

Marko Arnautovic (Stoke)
Adrien Rabiot (under the table hiding from his mother)
Daley Blind (Ajax)
Davy Klaasen (Go Ahead Eagles)
Donnie van de Beek (Manchester United)

Rabiot is supposedly not an alternative to FDJ not an addition. For ā‚¬18m itā€™s a risk worth taking.

The alternative to FDJ appears to be Sergej Milinković-Savić from Lazio.

Arnautovic, according to the Athletic podcast, was targeted to address the lack of physicality uo front - an option off the bench late on basically. I can see that need but the dcouting department must be at nothing if they canā€™t find a sounder alternative and have left ETH to source his own.

Have they considered Sean Quigley?

2 Likes

Heā€™s a waste of money.

They should have listened to Ralph Rangnick. These are exactly the signings we Should be targeting.

1 Like

Heā€™s a much better player than Fred or McTominay who donā€™t really know what theyre doing. They need to add Brozovic, Tielmans or Neves now and theyll have 2 strong lads to park in front of the back 4.

It has to be said, playing Fred isolated at 6 and McTominay advanced in a 4-3-3 was dumb by ETH. They patently didnt know where to be. Ole had some success getting them to just sit together in front of the back 4. ETH was asking them to do something they werenā€™t capable of. And that fucking eejit Bruno who will never ever play the obvious forward pass was no help in settling them.

1 Like

Do the tfk cognoscenti approve of milnkovic savic?

Never seen him play

You donā€™t need to have seen him play to make your kind up here pal. So give us your honest assessment.

5 Likes

Heā€™s seems a big bastard thatā€™s good at soccer so they should buy him in my view.

2 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™d take anything Lockhurst says with a pinch of salt.

Rangnickā€™s ideal targets all seem to have been playing for Red Bull teams also.

My biggest concern is that the new heada of scouting donā€™t appear to be able to recommend decent targets based on what ETH requires.

Iā€™m ok with the Rabiot signing as long as heā€™s not seen as an alternative to FDJ. Heā€™s a better option than Fred or McTominay and is relatively cheap for a 27 year old with something to prove.

1 Like

Thank fuck. A physical forward is supposed ti be the requirement.

Be interesting to see how quickly they move now.

No need for expensive recruitment teams. A Twitter poll of fans would do the job.

2 Likes