Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

If they saw the job I done on football manager with the squad they’d be impressed.

6 Likes

Have they still got the same scouting team they had under Coach Ole, who identified Haaland as a target who merited the chief scout having a look at?

Scouting team was replaced at the end of last season.

Ole scouted Haaland himself when he coached him at Molde for two years. Club were unwilling to include a release clause in signing him so a deal wasn’t done by Woodward.

Amazing how different things can turn out

Why don’t United try and sign some good players? Would surely make a difference. Replacing Pogba and Cavani with Rabiot and Arnoutovic looks like two steps back to me.

The more you look at it, the more United fucked up by not going all out for Conte last winter and letting him install his culture at the club.

5 Likes

Conte would last two weeks.

The glazers seemed to only spend big when they missed out on the champions league.

They need to get players out first.

Gary Neville vetoed the appointment of Coach Conte. He wouldn’t have done things ‘the United way’.

2 Likes

Depends on how much control you give him. United need a strong character who has a proven style of football and ability to instill a culture in jig time with the players already there. Conte was the man, Spurs have made some solid additions under him, all of which would have been available for United to sign in January or this summer.

Failing that they should have gotten Bielsa in for a couple of seasons as he has a similar pedigree

Given how reactive they appear to be it was definitely a sliding doors moment when united beat spurs and then they sacked the beardy Portuguese lad and got conte. If spurs had won that game ole was gone and conte was in. He would have been ideal for united. Ten seems to another inoffensive harmless cunt.

1 Like

United are now allowing the Manchester equivalent of @BruidheanChaorthainn to influence transfer decisions. :smiley::smiley:

6 Likes

Glazers aren’t going to give him control. Sure you’d the young glazer giving martial a massive new contract because he’s his favourite player.

They need to focus on getting rid of as many players as possible and saving the money for a couple of proper players.

That takes time and patience.

Like Mourinho?

That’s a fair point. Ten hag means theyve probably tried every ‘type’ of manager post Ferguson.

You won’t do anything with a lot of the players. They just need to get as many players out as possible.

Isn’t jones still on the books?

I think ETH will do well but it’s very difficult with the glazers. When it comes to football they are total mugs.

Shit tends to trickle down.

A swathe of non united fans telling us what united fans are thinking! Ta lads. EtH will be savage. I have no doubts. Might take a couple of years but he’ll have united challenging in europe and in england.

3 Likes

The reaction by everyone is a timely reminder of how big a club man united are.

It’s some joke though the last striker we signed was probably big rom In 2017 maybe. You had ibrahimovic, Ronaldo , ighalo and Cavani before and after that.

DM and striker is what they need to focus on. If they get those right it’ll be huge.

Officer Class

1 Like

Took Klopp two full seasons to really turn things around at Liverpool. He’ll be fine once he gets backing… The modern game is ridiculously fickle tho.

2 Likes

I’d still be fairly sure Sundays team was to show the glazers who were in attendance for the first time in four years what a mess they have on their hands.

Van de beek was actually ok when he came on and Eirksen still looks good.

Bizarrely a lot of media seem to think Varane is third choice which is fairly bizarre given how bad maguire is at the moment.

If you get a DM in and Varane back it totally changes the whole team around.

Then you focus solely on replacing Ronaldo.