Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

But how is it never happened another similar sized club? Or has it I can’t think of a comparable example. Liverpool could always explain away their lack of success to being outspent and even in their worst years had great players, great performances and big trophy wins every few years.

Neville is gas. Not 1 thing is the players fault. Thought he was either going to swing fkr Redlnapp or start crying

1 Like

Banquo

Yeah I was confining it to soccer. Is there even a comparison in other pro sport. Money always equals success in the end. Especially if you’re already a successful traditional club to start with.

I think they might be cursed mayo style. Even their success under the banqster had a kind of unnatural quality. Winning with shite teams, late goals etc.

They’re not cursed, but they are haunted

They had the right man Day 1 in Moysie and ran him out of the place, without giving him a proper crack at it.

They were flying planes demanding his removal a few months after Ferguson, in Liam Sheedy style, wrung one last title out of the team instead of laying foundations for the future.

2 Likes

A man who wants out already

Ten Hag: “We have all seen the game. Brentford were more hungry. We conceded goals from individual mistakes. You can have a tactical plan, but then put it in the bin.”

Tables are pointless this early in the season

But

Instant success, instant gratification culture.

1 Like

ETH is a genius. Use the players that have proven they’re not up to it in the first two game. Cut themnall for Liverpool and start Garner, Garnacho and Hannibal.

2-0 win incoming.

Ten Hag on triple substitution at half-time: “I could have changed all eight other as well.”

3 Likes

Think it was a thinly veiled we should be allowed hoof it if the opposition press real high cut at Ten Fags myself.

You’d have to say Coach Ole was over achieving with that bunch.

15 Likes

Defintely looks like that now.

The Glazers are a crowd of chancers no doubt but Man Utd have spent plenty of money. They’ve probably outspend the Abu Dhabi crowd at City over the last ten years. It’s far too easy to blame them. Fergie won 5 Premier League titles and a Champions League whilst they were at the helm.

1 Like

That’s kind to Martinez as of yet. Skrtel was a cult hero and had his moments. A brace in a 5-1 victory over Arsenal in 2014 prime amongst them. He was error prone but decent at times. Similar to Lovren but slightly better in my opinion.

The Glazers aren’t investing money. They’re taking money out.

2 Likes

Indeed. But it’s how it’s been soent sinve Ferguson and Gill left. They had control of football investment matters. Woodeard took over that and everything was concentrated on commercial matters.

Woodward onve said that not qualifying fir th3 Champions League wouldn’t damage revenue. He should have said it wouldn’t impact the Glazers taking a dividend for themselves and further driving up the debt.