Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Rashford a young lad lost, crying out for a bit of proper coaching.

Marcus Rashford is a wonderful young man who has done great work on behalf of disadvantaged children who are very often victims of neglect and abandonment.

Marcus himself was lucky his single mum raised him superbly despite money always being in short supply.

Ironically it’s at Manchester United, with all their billions, where Marcus has been subject to neglect and abandonment.

4 Likes

Would Arthur be worth a punt in midfield? Out of favour at Juventus. I think they’ll break the bank for Rice to take the heat off for a while.

1 Like

Some weighty words form @Perez2017 incoming on the state of Man U. He was over in the GAA split season thread 5 minutes ago berating @Lazarus for having an interest in English soccer and supporting Nottingham Forest.

1 Like

In the olden days fellas like that would just be called hypocrites and no more about it

2 Likes

I’d imagine Manchester United wouldn’t be willing to pay the fee TFK admin would demand for his release.

5 Likes

I have an interest mate. Take the premier league for what it is, a pure soap opera as today’s pretend row between Conte and Tuchel shows. Multi millionaires play ground. The game lost itd soul years ago.

1 Like

Do you watch Sky?

@Arthur’s top, top snooker related post on Covid 19 puts him out of reach of the Glazer’s grubby mitts.

Di maria was world class when they signed him but they made clean shit of him. He was grand again once he left.

I wouldn’t be overly worried if I was a United fan about performances this early on in Ten Fags reign. It will take time to adjust to his style. But I would be very worried that he is still picking maguire, fred, mctominay etc when it is so blantantly obvious to anyone with half a brain that they can’t play tippy tappy football. Tis great to have a philosophy and all, but you either drop the lads that can’t do it or you can’t play it. Asking them three lads, plus De Gea, Rashford, Ronaldo etc to play like Ajax, is like expecting a cat to run a greyhound race

5 Likes

Their pockets are not deep enough.

1 Like

Would agree with all of that, he is asking fellas to do what they plainly can’t at the minute

Classic. A snooker pun. Right on cue.

1 Like

Bad start for cue ball as manager.

How bad? Well, we’ll find out after the break.

2 Likes

Didn’t know Liam Cahill was involved

I forgot about Di Maria. He is probably the last true world class player (outside of Pogba) they signed; a player at the peak of his powers from another major club. And it was a bit of a disaster tbh.

But at least that was ambitious.

I don’t think anybody expected the signings of the likes of Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Dan James, Schneiderlin, Depay, the return of Ronaldo to turn out any different they have. Grand players in certain sides but Man Utd actually want to challenge for the title again, and have to set up a certain way in order to achieve those expectations.

Manchester United have consistently had the most racist arrests of any Premier League supporter base, so it would have to be 15 reds and no blacks.

1 Like

A couple of seasons in the lower leagues would galvanise utd. You feel. The smart move at this stage would actually be to approach brentford or brighton and propose a complete squad and manager swap. Never been tried before but desperate times call for desperate measures.

What was the gist of that post??