Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

how is the fridge starting ahead of Varane?

1 Like

My sources say the club is a mess with sponsors withdrawing, they no longer challenge, they don’t attract new wave of top players, fan animosity had led to the Glazers cashing in. The share price isn’t going to improve by a significant amount and they can still get a decent price for the club.

The other side to this is that they have blocked high scale investment. Transfer budget has been changed. So the only option for this window is to go back to the original list which was drawn up and go for quantity over quality.

The panic button has been pressed and ETH is left in the firing line. The hope is that the rebuild can begin once the new owners are in.

Essentially, the Glazers are not willing to fund what is needed to get the club successful again.

1 Like

I think Pulisic would be a good signing

3 Likes

Ronaldo is making an official announcement. In two weeks.

Ineos’s billionaire owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United

Ineos billionaire wants talks with Glazers over minority stake with long-term view to taking full control

Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to buy a stake in Manchester United, with a view to taking full control if the Glazers welcome new investment.

A spokesman for the Ineos billionaire confirmed that Ratcliffe would welcome the chance to talk to the club’s American owners. “If the club is for sale, Jim is definitely a potential buyer,” the spokesman said.

Ineos was reacting to a Bloomberg story which claims the Glazers are considering selling a minority stake in the club, with the news prompting a sharp rise in shares even as the team struggles at the bottom of the Premier League table after a disastrous start to the Erik ten Hag era.

Ratcliffe tends to seek full control of the businesses he buys, and has the means to do so, but would be willing to discuss a minority holding with the Glazers if it was part of a plan to take control at a later date.

“If something like this was possible, we would be interested in talking with a view to long-term ownership,” the spokesman added. The Glazers have come under fierce criticism from United fans, especially as the team has plunged into crisis amid chaotic player recruitment, but Ineos are willing to explore opportunities.

Ratcliffe’s spokesman said that fresh investment into the club could be used to help upgrade infrastructure including the Old Trafford stadium which is in need of a major overhaul and modernisation.

“This is not about the money that has been spent or not spent. Jim is looking at what can be done now and, knowing how important the club is to the city, it feels like the time is right for a reset,” the spokesman added.

While shares in United are available on the New York stock exchange, they come with diluted voting rights. It remains to be seen if the Glazer family would allow any new investors to have a say in how the club is run.

Ratcliffe, who is a United fan, failed with a late bid for Chelsea in May but made clear that he is interested in controlling a major Premier League team.

A Bloomberg report said that while the Glazers have had preliminary discussions about bringing in new investment, they are not ready to sell the club, which could be valued at as much as ÂŁ5 billion.

United fans have long been protesting about the Glazer ownership and their management of the club has been further called into question after a disastrous start to the new season. The Glazers bought United in 2005 in a leveraged buyout that saddled the club with massive debts.

United supporters’ anger towards the Glazers is compounded by a perceived lack of investment in infrastructure — Old Trafford and the club’s Carrington training base — and years of mismanagement and poor recruitment that has led to the club falling behind their rivals.

The Glazers were also supporters of the failed European Super League project in April which would have seen United join a breakaway competition

The news comes after Elon Musk, the world’s richest man, joked on social media that he was going to buy United.

“I’m buying Manchester United ur welcome,” Musk tweeted last night, generating hundreds of thousands of likes from fans who blame the club’s ownership for their woes on and off the pitch. One user replied: “You have absolutely no idea the sheer amount of hope you just have given to a million fans worldwide. Please do buy us though.”

Musk, 51, chief executive of Tesla and SpaceX, offered no details and confirmed about five hours later that he was joking. He tweeted in reply to questions: “No, this is a long-running joke on Twitter. I’m not buying any sports teams.” He added: “Standup is my side hustle.”

Musk is trying to terminate his agreement to buy Twitter. The social media company is suing him to complete the deal.

Musk’s tweets about potential acquisitions have landed him in trouble with US regulators in the past. In 2018 he tweeted that there was “funding secured” for a $72 billion deal to take Tesla private, but did not move ahead with an offer. Musk and Tesla each paid civil fines of $20 million and he quit as chairman to resolve claims by the US Securities and Exchange Commission that he had defrauded investors.

1 Like

Sky Sports News after announcing that Glazer’s are prepared to give up a minority stake. The Times are reporting that Britain’s richest man Jim Ratcliffe is looking to get involved and purchase said stake. If any of you listen to the United we Stand podcast by Andy Mitten you’d know that Ratcliffe is a big United fan who was in attendance in the Nou Camp in 99 from Greater Manchester, current owner of Nice.

1 Like

A petrochemical tycoon and a tax exile to boot. Lovely. Sure half the developers in Ireland were in the Nou Camp in 99 courtesy of Anglo and Seanie Fitz.

6 Likes

That’s where the big money is. We all fawn over a tax exile Pj most days during the championship on here.

I see this Radcliffe chap was born in 1952. Did he only get into Man U in 1999 around the time of the Nou Camp final or was he into them before that?

1 Like

The true fans went to Tehran in 2001.

3 Likes

Father Denis O Brien

8 Likes

He does a mean Father Trendy there in fairness. Jordan is Father Damo.

He didn’t go to school the day after the Munich air crash he was so upset.

3 Likes

They were probably guests of John the Baptist

2 Likes

Ordinarily I’d agree but the club is such a dumpster fire that it would be difficult to see him make much of an impact

My sources state that a bid of ÂŁ135m for Joao Felix has been rejected

Would Magnier consider going back?

Jim’s a Tory

My source at the club tells me the first 2 games have been a huge shock to all mood and level in training has been good. He reckons they’ll get there with Erik with the correct recruitment.

He says Ralf Rangnick will go down as the worse manager he’s seen at the club in his time there. Moyes wasn’t much better.

Signing Ronaldo is by far the biggest reason that Ole went. On and off the pitch everything they built with Ole, coaches and that squad is now gone. Until Ronaldo goes nothing will improve. Just a steady decline. A disaster for the team both on and off the pitch. His elite professionalism and winning mentality gets mistaken for team professionalism and winning mentality but they are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Until Ronaldo goes, he thinks Erik has no chance.

He feels they should have kept Henderson also.

3 Likes