Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

It’s crazy the reactions so far with ETH having really only signing played and a completely new philosophy to get used to.

Lads can scream the poor example of Ronaldo but DeGea doesn’t look any better imo.

1 Like

They’d still have a majority stake. That doesn’t sound like it would achieve much in the short to medium term anyway as regards ousting them.

The most daunting and intimidating away match Ireland have played this century anyway. I’d say Turkey away was intimidating in 1999 when Cascarino was embroiled in an argument.

Ratcliffe
Sir Ratcliffe at that

Is he any relation to Bob Radcliffe? A lapsed poster here won a competition in his honour before I believe.

8 Likes

That’s how Stan Kroenke started off getting Arsenal under Usmanov.

1 Like

Give him a platform to launch a proper bid

Casemiro would be a great signing for Man Utd if it went through. I mean, compare that with Rabiot or Arnautovic.

Not a long-term thing but he is a superb ballwinning midfielder. Not as fancy a footballer as the likes of Busquets but still class in his own right and a massive, massive improvement on McTominay & Fred.

Not young, but not ancient either, surely get a couple of good seasons out of him. As far as I know, he hasn’t had any major injury problems, seems to start pretty much every big game for Real.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would be a good signing right now to be honest.

They’ve literally tried every type of signing and every single one of them has failed. Every type of manager too.

The whole thing is doomed to be honest.

Casemiro - Kroos - Modric was absolutely iconic. End of an era

3 Likes

United could take all three and i still don’t think it’d work.

I’m hearing rumours that Kluiverts agent will meet Manchester United representatives while in London over the potential transfer of Denzel Dumfries.

1 Like

As someone on the football pod pointed out today. How can United have gone from De Jong to Rabiot to Casemiro. All completely different players. Its like they are taking whatevers going rather than paying any attention to what they need

Who was it that ultimately persuaded Ronaldo to sign for the club? It’s greatest ever manager acting as a catalyst for it’s terminal decline.

It’s hard to believe it was only a year ago that there was such giddy excitement amongst the Man U footix over the return of Ronaldo. @dodgy_keeper was even back supporting them, albeit very briefly before he gave up on them again when results went pear shaped.

1 Like

They’ve been linked to him all summer.

He’s into the last year of his contract with Inter as well.

You knew united were fucked when dodgy abandoned them

True, they seem to be all over the place. But I think Casemiro would improve them massively. They haven’t had a midfielder like him in years.

If PSG had signed Ronaldo Utd wouldn’t have moved. There was a concern that him signing for City would mean his legacy with Utd would be damaged somehow.

Banquo appears to want united to fail since he left

1 Like