Manchester United 2024-2025

ETH has done Ajax some service

Of all the fellas from that Ajax team to come to the league, Timber at Arsenal looks the most capable. He went for relatively small money and plays in the position United are weakest - is there any chance I wonder that Ten Hag hasn’t an idea what he is doing at all?

2 Likes

Kudus looks exciting and Gravenberch has been excellent this season. There seems to be a common denominator when it comes to ex Ajax players struggling in the EPL :thinking:

2 Likes

At right back?

Wan Bissaka and Dalot were already at Man United when Ten Hag took over. I’m not sure signing a third right back would have done much for Ten Hag.

Gravenberch was very poor last season under Klopp.

Certain players suit certain coaches.

Timber plays left back as well, started there with Arsenal this season. A look at Dalot yesterday suggests that it wouldn’t be an impossible task to strengthen there.

1 Like

Manchester United had a chap at the start of Ten Hag’s tenure who it took me about 90 seconds of brain wringing to remember the name of. Tyrrell Malacia I think it was. He was a left back. He played a few good games, I think anyway, because I get most of my opinions on football from reading these threads and listening to the Second Captains podcast rather than actually watching it.

I haven’t heard of this player for about two years. Has he died in the meantime?

Dalot is a right back and only shifted across due to all the injuries at left back.

He’s actually an ok right back but he’s never convincing at left back.

Ten Bag spent two years working with Antony.
After that period of time he reckoned Antony was worth €100m.
That says it all

3 Likes

Again that is not true.

It is though

He got an awful injury and refused to be treated by the club. There was some fuck with operation then. Coming up on 18 months now since he last played a game.

Back training at the moment but will be Christmas before he’s fit.

It’s not.

1 Like

Who will be next manager @BruidheanChaorthainn @Copper_pipe ? Give me your ideas and I’ll say mine. Want to see if we are thinking broadly similar.

What are all the left back injuries, fragile Luke Shaw and that Malacia fella who looked lightweight and out of his depth when he was given games? What areas of the field are a bigger priority than left back for an upgrade?

You said ten hag signed him for 90 million.

He didn’t.

He told them he was worth 40 million.

If the United players were half as commited to the cause as @BruidheanChaorthainn they’d be winning the league.

He’s like the last Japanese soldier in the jungle

8 Likes

He isn’t worth a €5

1 Like

Admirable commitment to the WUM tbf.