Manchester United 2024-2025

Of course he has an input but it’s not the manager who negotiates transfers.

He wanted to keep mctominay but the board wanted to sell him.

I’d imagine it’s the same at all the top clubs now.

Post Fergie man United continually overpaid for players. That looked to have stopped this summer. They also raised more money than ever before as well which was another issue.

It’s mental but bar Anthony all of these have had crippling injuries or are just in the door.

At a club like united you need players driving the standards almost more than management. For all their limitations, Henderson and milner were relentless at driving culture under klopp. Ferguson’s united had the same… The reason why every manager is getting shit performances is because they are bringing in players with questionable attitudes . You can talk about negotiations but the players being singled out and bought are not buying into the plan or have bad attitudes … Whose fault is that?

I’m not disagreeing here but I’m not so sure that’s the case exactly.

It’s a lack of consistency that’s the biggest issue. It’s one step forward and then two back.

The usual in the knows don’t seem to be reporting a player revolt either.

Making Fernandes the Captain says it all

Shea Lacey could be our Ronaldinho.

I think if he goes over the coming month or two which feels a bit 50/50, then INEOS will want to get someone world class in. You see it in all their appointments regarding boardroom/behind the scenes staff, this will be their first managerial appointment and they will go big/best in class. That’s why I think we can rule out the likes of McKenna, Van Nistelrooy, Potter etc. Then there are only so many truly world class managers and some of those are unattainable for varying reasons - Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Arteta etc.

The two I think they will have a run at as they are world class and are at clubs that have not got the reputation/history of United:

Diego Simeone - he has been at Atletico donkeys years but Real are only getting better and better and if he stays there what can he achieve bar maybe 2nd/3rd place finishes at best. He seems like a fella would be up for a challenge and this could fit the bill. He could also be seen as the right character to get next, fearless strong character who will create siege mentality, players should respect his playing achievements and he has brought Atletico to two Champions League finals. He will surely be sounded out

Xabi Alonso - Probably a non goer for him due to his Liverpool past but INEOS would not be doing their job properly if they don’t approach him and try to turn his head. Again if he fancies a challenge then maybe he sees it as the right opportunity. Slot could be at Liverpool a good while.

Or else he’ll just be an absolute cunt who’s not as good as he thinks like the rest of them.

Ive been saying this for years. Severe lack of leaders. Martinez looks to have it. Hopefully de ligt. Casemiro did a bit till he got the freepass for every chipper in manchester. Mainoo shows every time and is brave as hell with the ball but we’ll beat that out of him yet… beyond that…?

It was more in relation to signing Timber. There are very good left backs around but I’d agree they obviously need a left back but they needed a back up striker and two centre backs.

They also needed two mid fielders.

You can’t really sign them all in one go either.

It’s quite similar to the English National team. The pressure just seems too much for everyone.

Youth players lose a career with the wrong dressing room. Ten comes across as a complete gentleman.I’m not sure who the bad cop in there is but they need to install one if there isn’t …you probably have to clear out a number of players but Ten is probably too far down the road for a reset.

That or ego.

Would have been interesting yesterday if they had gotten the penalty for the blatant handball by Romero. Spurs would probably have folded and could have been a great day for United . Sending off was wrong too. A bit of luck and officials doing their job then today’s narrative might be completely different

1 Like

It was a deflected ball onto his hand. I’m happy they’ve stopped giving those

1 Like

A lot of ex pros don’t think Bruno should have been sent off

A lot of ex pros dont think Bruno should be club captain.

8 Likes

Best in class
High performance
Control the contollables
Follow the process
Touch base
Link in with
Lean into

2 Likes

These things even out over a season

1 Like

Alonso won’t touch it with a barge pole. He’s far too smart to take over a huge job like that.

No one has touched Simeone during all the time he’s been at Atletico. There has to be a reason for that.