Manchester United 2024-2025

Whiteside was another boozer

1 Like

It’s a wonder they ever came off the bus for away days. He fucked them all out except for Robson who was probably too big to bury. Yorke, Stam, Keane, Beckham; he fucks them all out when the scale tips. Beckham and Stam were sold for very little. There’s another Champions League there in 07 maybe with Stam still around.

He rarely kept a striker older than 30.

True now you say it

He signed Larson in his 30s. It was great fun for six weeks.

A knowledge Manc I worked with years ago said it. It’s a cool thing to throw into a conversation.

1 Like

Whiteside, Moran and Robson still do some drinking around Altrincham by all accounts.

The man United supporters club in Nashville had all three off them over on a number of occasions which might tell its own tail

1 Like

Theres a great scene in the Moran documentary of the three of them shooting the breeze over a few day time pints.

Before my time but I’d never heard that Paul McGrath almost joined Liverpool. Can an actual reputable source verify this? Gabriel Heinze in 2007 closest to crossing the divide directly in my time following.

Liverpool would never have gone for a Utd reject.

3 Likes

Teddy Sheringham was 30+ when he signed him too.

Jaap Stam played in the 2005 final but he was past it by 2007 I’d have said. Ferdinand and Vidic were better than him by 07’.

1 Like

Did Milan win it with him in 07 or was he gone? Milan gave a fancied United a but of a whooping in 07 against the odds

Maldini and Nesta were the centre-backs for that final if I remember correctly. I’d say Stam left around 2006.

1 Like

Ah fair play

United had a fair old injury crisis in 07. That was some game in 07 between United and Milan. Kaka was sublime.

Liverpool cheated their way into the final on the Tuesday night. It was like facing 15 men in the San siro on the Wednesday.

1 Like

Until Paul Ince

1 Like

Sheringham was knocking on when fergie signed him. But then, as now, united just had the biggest chequebook.

Phil Chisnall

Ramon Calliste