Manchester United 2024-2025

Will Utd make a tidy profit on him?

You thinked it sooooo?

We finally have our 6.

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Sekou Kone, an 18-year-old from Malian side Guidars FC.

Kone is a defensive midfielder, a position manager Erik ten Hag has looked to strengthen, but United’s plan is to bed him in with the under-21s while he adjusts to life in England.

United are conscious of the huge cultural change Kone will experience coming from Mali and aim to take a steady approach to his integration.

Kone is viewed as having high potential and, while he is one for the future, it is hoped he will provide an option for the first team at No 6 in the long term.

Id like to see him in a double pivot

I bet you would…

https://twitter.com/utddistrict/status/1826992871586537849?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

1 Like

It’s uncanny. Both managers built their reputations on a huge surge of momentum in the spring chasing a title that had eluded their club for 24 years. For Liverpool 2014 looking to bridge the gap to 1990 read Ajax 2019 attempting to conquer Europe for the first time since 1995. Ultimately both ended in glorious failure and the teams were stripped for parts in the following transfer windows. Liverpool lost Suarez (2014) and then Sterling (2015) plus Gerrard the same summer of course. Ajax sold De Ligt, Van De Beek (whatever happened to him?) and De Jong.

1 Like

Seriously underwhelming stuff.
Very decent playing out from the back but little or nothing up front. . Diallo has been poor. Missed his chance and fucked the 3 on 2 very badly. Rashford his usual self. Mount invisible as always. The most lightweight front 3 you could imagine.
Their goal was as poor as anything united concocted in the last couple of seasons. The sight of Maguire shaking his head looking to blame others is disturbingly familiar. I’d still expect us to get back into it. Brighton havent looked great, we look better, just get garnacho and zirkzee on and push on.

3 Likes

Ten Hag ball looks fair bollocks so far. OK up to the final third but clueless in front of goal.

They should be ahead from what I saw. I’d take off Mount and Diallo for Zirkzee and Garnacho.

1 Like

Ah, it takes a little time for lads to hit that rhythym. Mount playing as a central player leading your line is horseshit though.

Zirkzee is on a different planet to the rest of the forwards in terms of technique

Bruno has been really poor on the ball second half

Yep. A hindrance.

Brighton don’t seem to have as much of a problem.

GTFI

2 Likes

De ligt for maguire please

Zirkzee looking very good.

Idiot I from Zirkzee, no getting away from it. Greedy.