Manchester United 2024-2025

Seriously, you think his schmoozing of the Manchester city council, and Andy Burnham in particular is entirely philanthropic?
He has been putting out feelers for months.
The “wembley of the north”. “The north needs a national stadium” etc etc are aimed at one thing only, public funding for his plc.

It was a throwaway comment you odd ball.

You were desperately hoping for the Saudis who gladly stone homosexuals to death to take over man united while waxing lyrical about Man City’s murdering owners.

Spare me if I don’t give two fucks about what stadiums you think should or shouldn’t receive public funding.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::sweat_smile:

As expected an empty response from an empty vessel.

The Glazers were absolutely hopeless owners that it never occurred to them to go down the great funding route to rebuild Old Trafford. I understand it’s in a very rundown part of the city that could well do with being part of a regeneration project.

Ideally football clubs would be owned by the fans.

The glazers should have never been allowed to purchase the money with borrowed money which is why man united ended up in such a mess.

If there’s state funding involved it should become a public stadium. The way some pig headed gaa fans want PUC to be gaa only is a disgrace imo. All stadiums should be open to a variety of sports.

Imagine Ireland v New Zealand in cork in November.

Be great for the country to share things around a little.

https://twitter.com/DaytrippingRed/status/1836704254691536898?t=WWl-0ESusULpG13oK1-ytQ&s=19

1 Like

The taxpayers of Great Britain would be privileged to pay for a new roof at Old Trafford…

I love listening to Tom Brady and now bill too.

I’d love now even more than before if Fergie and Roy Keane made up. The only comparable duo in my book.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1837012007196696935

The Boss :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What do you think has sparked rat cliff es newfound zeal for regeneration of that part of Manchester?
He never gave a fcuk before. He was busy renovating a ski slope with a chalet mansion with charity money.

Like the Abu Dhabi crew ever gave a fuck about Manchester City Centre until they got their stadium (built by tax payers money to the tune of £140m) Get up the yard.

You can’t be serious :rofl:

Are you trying to tell me, honestly, that the royal family of Abu Dhabi weren’t die hard Man City fans growing up?!!

I think they are just really nice guys who want to make Manchester a better place especially for those less fortunate. Theyve always been huge champions of the downtrodden in society.

1 Like

The stadium was built for the commonwealth games mate. The commonwealth games was taxpayer funded. The city council took Maine road and redeveloped the whole area, and city, then owned by the Frannie Lee consortium moved over to the now empty and unemployed stadium
Abu Dhabi came along considerably later, in fact they paid the Thai prime minister a seemingly ridiculous sum of 200million at the time.
The Etihad stadium remains the property of Manchester City Council.
Please read a little before posting such fabrication.
Jaysus.

2 Likes

He’s not.
He’s just ill informed, but then he’s an Irish lad following a British plc, so you can’t really blame him.

Lowry Homes PLC were the City Council?
How much tax payers money was used to convert it to a football stadium including ripping out the running track?

You’re an Irish lad who seems to think and speak alot more about said British PLC than I do bud.

Disappointing to see lads criticise a club for doing good work in the community of Manchester