Manchester United 21/22

Two interesting stats I saw recently are that man City and Chelsea are the only clubs in the last 30 years to have won the title under more than one manager while man united are the only club to have won more than 12 titles in the same period.

Given the options available I only like Poch and Ten Hag. I’d be happy with either. I like the way his teams play and think he’s one of the two best options currently available.

Poch improved Spurs up the point where Levy stopped giving him funds for transfers. When he eventually did it was too late.

Poch did have Spurs playing nice stuff in fairness

Did he?

I think Poch is a very average manager to be honest, they shat a league title race with Leicester. I didn’t think they were overly exciting to watch or anything and he seems to have done a fairly poor job with PSG so far.

He did. They have been boring as sin since.

They werent the only ones to lose to Leicester

Yes but they still lost out to Leicester in a title race. He won nothing at Spurs. A club like United you’d imagine should be demanding a manager with a pedigree of winning.

Like Mourinho and Van Gaal?

Ranieri had no history of winning, Klopp’s was questionable. It’s a bit short-sighted to think that a coach can’t improve. Especially if they’ve shown potential from a tactical point of view.

Pochettino has been in top flight management. His only trophy is a French Cup on pelanties with one of the most expensively assembled clubs in Europe. He’s not really a great manager.

Van Gaal and Mourinho both won trophies which is a lot more than Solskjaer did.

Sure time will see that I suppose. You said the same about Klopp.

I don’t see anything special Klopp has done.

He’s been allowed assemble one of the most expensive squads in Europe, broke world transfer records and have one of the highest wage bills in Europe.

Football isn’t really much of a meritocracy these days, the big clubs in England, along with PSG financially dominated everyone else.

1 Like

Chairman Levy gave him plenty of funds to buy new players. He just spent £200 million on Aurier, Vincent Jansen, Davinson Sanchez, Ndombele and Lo Celso which didn’t do much to improve the team.

Was it better when the Italian clubs were doing the same in the 1990s or the Spanish clubs were during the 2000s?

1 Like

The football was a higher standard anyway.

The English game is a very poor spectacle as much as that may offend Little Englanders like you.

Further proof that Ferguson is the anomaly.

No need to throw insults buddy. I asked a simple question and you gave your opinion.

Keep the undignified stuff out of it.

It wasn’t an insult, you just seem to be very catty when the EPL is criticised.

it was.

English soccer is a terrific spectacle.

That ending :smile:

4 Likes