Manchester United 21/22

So is this a compliment?

You’re another one though who gets offended when the EPL franchise is criticised.

I’m sorry if I offended you and @croppy_boy by calling you Little Englanders when you displayed the myopic jingoism of Little Englanders.

Apology accepted.

Nope it’s an apt appraisal of you inability of valid criticism of the EPL.

you don’t understand what Little Englander means

Did I say that the standard was high in the EPL? I merely asked what was different about the periods when Italian clubs, or Spanish clubs, spent the most on transfers and the current period when English clubs do?

Two of the last three European Cup finals, all England finals involving four different English clubs. English club soccer is streets ahead of continental Europe.

I gave you your answer. The EPL is a very poor spectacle for all the money involved.

An English club has only won one European Cup in normal time against a non-English side in the past 40 years and that took two flukey set play goals in injury time.

Well your opinion but let’s not split hairs.

Be interesting to see if Poch can kick on anyhow.

It will but I don’t think he has the pedigree to.

Has his appointment been confirmed yet?

England, Spain and Munich dominate European football. Now and again lesser leagues like Portugal, Holland or Italy will fire up a winner.

this one has been done before

black and white loop GIF

No, I meant if he is appointed.

This is the Italian chap who keeps telling us that the Mickey Mouse Serie A is the best league in the world.

I’d imagine he spends the most time of anyone on here watching live English Premier League soccer, so maybe he is best qualified to comment on the overall spectacle. I wouldn’t have the time to be watching soccer beyond an odd Spurs match here and there and Match of the Day at the weekend.

Another triggered Little Englander.

Yer ragin mate.

Serie A Farmers League haven’t won a European trophy since 2010 despite Juventus running an astronomical wage bill during the period.