Manchester United 21/22

His geggenpressen style of football should work well with players with the work rate of the likes of Ronaldo, Bruno and Rashford.

2 Likes

Tailor made for Pogba

1 Like

Yes him too how could I forget.

Seems a very sensible appointment.

I wonder will he stop the players from taking the knee?

Apparently klopp recommended him, the devious bastard

Sounds like a real hipster. Looked him up there. He’s managed a load of mid tier German teams Schalke, Hannover, Leipzig, Stuttgart to name but a few and won next to nothing trophy wise.

What’s a hipster?

If he’s as successful as Ralph Milne was at Old Trafford United won’t go far wrong.

Very good and clever appointment. No way did Woodward come up with this.

Very appropriate to have Oul 'Nick at the Red Devils during the Christmas season.

Easy judge how good an appointment he is by the level of seethe from the Liverpool fans.

1 Like

No seethe at all. He’s a good appointment.

Just 9 years too late.

Not British

If the template for the interim manager to replace interim interim manager Carrick, was a bloke in his 60’s who’s into double digits of teams managed and has never won a whole lot trophy wise as manager, what was wrong with Brucie?

1 Like

Steve McClaren would have been a good shout. Combines immense experience in the English game including being one of the key men in masterminding United’s treble in 1999 - so he’s a United man to his core - with continental hipsterishness, having had successful spells with FC Twente and VFL Wolfsburg.

1 Like

Laurent Blanc would be a decent interim appointment too. A former MUFC man.

1 Like

Didn’t realise there was such an in-depth knowledge of the Bundesliga soccer on the forum. You’d want to know your German soccer very well to be familiar with the body of work of Coach Rangnick.

I must ask the brother in law over in Munich about him.

Another good shout. Perhaps joint interim managers would have been the way to go.

Neil Lennon would be a great call . A proven winner in Scotland , managed his charges to a famous win over Spanish giants and feisty

Worked well for Man U in the past