Manchester United 21/22

Man United have a good run of league fixtures till Christmas . They should move up the table now

that is very harsh. the current united team isn’t set up for marauding wing backs. I wouldn’t bomb forward with abandon with the shit show in front of me and let Lindelof one on one. He is a cabbage mate, he can’t defend worth a fuck and is very rash.

Wan Bissaka is probably the best 1 v 1 defender in the league

Completely but too often when he goes forward he gets the ball caught under his feet, crosses poorly or takes the wrong option.

The United set up doesn’t prevent Luke Shaw from doing all of the above.

how many goals come down Luke Shaw’s side as opposed to AWB? There is always a trade off

Yeah but I would, in fairness put a lot of that down to Shaw having Maguire on his side and Maguire deciding that pointing at people is that best way of defending.

I loved AWB when he joined but he’s way off the requirement when if comes to attacking.

fair enough mate, I don’t watch United as much as you so I’ll take your word for it. I like AWB though. I don’t think he’s as bad as all that going forward, he just is in a dysfunctional set up

He was initially a winger and converted to a full back afaik.

The key is he can be easily improved by good coaching.

Everyone can always improve and that’s what the best coaches tend to do. They improve each player individually which sometimes lead to a massive improvement in a teams fortunes.

1 Like

He’ll be like a new signing.

Is Michael Carrick the only Manchester United manager to go through his entire tenure unbeaten?

This new supermarket own brand version of Klopp has a hard act to live up to.

Sure you only have to look at Pep and Sterling. the improvement in that lad since Pep came in is breathtaking.

Having a functional set up helps all players.

1 Like

Yes Giggs and TJ Wallworth lost on one occasion each. Carrick could still be in charge against Arsenal depending on when Rangnick’s work visa is processed.

Interim Interim Coach Carrick has been very shabbily treated here.

The major issue with AWB imo is his concentration. It’s not up to the standard of a top player/club. Yes he makes these spectacular last ditch tackles, but more often than not it’s because he has been daydreaming and he needs to make said last minute lunges. The penalty giveaway yesterday is another example of poor concentration. He’s not alone in this, but he lets the ball by him too often without the awareness of what’s behind him.

Maybe RR will get a tune out of him. But he’s not at the required level imo.

8 Likes

This was an incredible goal. Probably the best scored against man united I’ve seen.

1 Like

Rooney winner was lovely too. Those near post finishes are a thing of beauty.

Funny cos it’s true.

1 Like

Really? That was Evra fucking up leading to a simple one on one with the keeper.

1 Like