Manchester United 21/22

I think that was his name, sounded a lot like Andy McDonald from Corrie, you probably dont remember him

Andy Tate? The “It’s moysie” and “give it to Giggsy till the end of the season” fella? He’s an eejit I’d say. Like those Arsenal fan TV lads.

Heard that myself, first time listening to Off The Ball in years. At one stage the Man Yoo fan said that he was at a non league game in Newcastle and one of the presenters took this as his opportunity to regale the audience with an irrelevant tale of going to a greyhound race in Sheffield or somewhere for a good 2 minutes.

Quiet thread tonight, no sign of any dippers.

Big win tonight

Did the dippers win.

@Cheasty was very giddy last night.

It’s safe to say man united are closer to Liverpool than Liverpool are to Man City.

Liverpool is roughly 30 miles from Manchester and Manchester is roughly 30 miles from liverpool

It’s fascinating to watch a club that once dreamed of winning trophies now join Everton hoping Liverpool don’t win.

4 Likes

Agreed, the usual suspects seething tonight.

I remember Andy McDonald. Steve’s twin brother. He was more or less booted off the Street for been a shit actor. He went to live in Spain was the line to write him out of it.

Using nasty slurs in the process.

You’d have to respect the Everton lads though. They’ve stuck with them through thick and thin.

1 Like

Andy Mitten. He features a lot on The Athletic podcasts. He founded the United We Dtand Fanzine and his grand uncle played for United backs in the 40s I think.

He’s quite good. More balanced than you’d think and isn’t afraid to be critical of the club.

Andy mitten is an alright sort.

1 Like

Manchester United are a good bit out of Manchester also.

City fan, not relevant to the thread, please keep on topic.

That’ll be a bit of a problem now for the writers, what with all the English returning home due to Brexit.

But they’ll have to find a way to accommodate Andy, even if he is more trouble than he’s worth after his time in Spain. A bit like Cristiano Ronaldo returning to Old Trafford actually.

RTE is the virus.

Andy Mitten is definitely an alright sort. Weirdly ended up on a zoom call with him over lockdown one through friends. Loves United but calls a spade a spade and knows the current shit show. He’s interviewed some amount of players in his time and has some stories. Visits Vidic every year for a few days to catch up.

2 Likes