Manchester United 21/22

Not a hope. There will be PR about counselling etc., They are not going to sack an asset as valuable as greenwood.

1 Like

No chance Fenway. There’ll be riots if he played again.

I hope I’m wrong…

:joy::joy:

Ah stop will you, he has to be sacked. You couldn’t have your club associated with that.

You do realise half the regiemes who own football clubs nowadays right?

2 Likes

Gazza was an admitted and proven wife beater and he played away for a rake of clubs. Fenway is right that it would be completely unprecedented for him to be sacked over this even if it’s what should happen.

2 Likes

I don’t think they could justify keeping him on after this.

I mean, presumably getting sacked will be the least of his worries once the police are involved

1 Like

I know what you mean but that’s a lot of sweep sweep stuff. This is just too blatant in your face.

The sponsors dictate what happens. No way a sponsor will associate with him.

He’ll be gone.

1 Like
1 Like

You could probably get away with carry on like this with the likes of Man City and Chelsea under their ownership regimes. Family values orientated and principled owners like the Glazers won’t stand for this.

2 Likes

The media climate now is completely different to when Gazza played. And this has been recorded and put out on social media. This will go nuclear.

The first thing that will happen is his boot sponsors Nike will drop him. I’d be astonished if he ever plays for Manchester United again. He might not play top level football ever again.

As Marge Simpson said, “as long as everybody is videotaping everybody else, justice will be done”.

2 Likes

Antonio Brown says hello.

1 Like

It’s no major surprise really, a vile club has vile players. He probably learned it from Ronaldo.

It’s different in the nfl though and he’s routinely sacked.

He’ll be suspended and eventually sacked. I can’t ever see him playing pro football in England as there’ll be such a storm around him it’ll drive sponsors away.

1 Like

It’s professional sport. Kobe, Shaq etc .

1 Like

Antonio Brown is an NFL player? America is a very different place to England. Manchester United has a global reach in the way the Tampa Bay Buccaneers don’t. The cost/ benefit calculations for Manchester United here are categorically in favour of dumping him. I’d expect this to bring the Ronaldo rape story back into the light as well.

1 Like

I think cheasty might be right about the current climate though