Manchester United 21/22

I would be absolutely shocked if he ever played for United again.

1 Like

He shouldn’t

Greenwood was always a wrongin ever since that dressing room video came out …

I think it will be referenced too that Eric Cantona was suspended from football for eight months after his kung fu scissor kick. Something that most people at the time, Manchester United supporters or not, saw as essentially little more than jolly japes.

I don’t think that’s true at all. There was widespread outrage.

1 Like

The Ratoath Inn would like to send our sincerest well wishes to Harriet Robson at this time. While Mason Greenwood deserves due process the evidence is very damning. However, whether he plays football again is not the story here and it’s shameful to see that’s all some Man Utd fans seem concerned with. But we won’t turn this into a petty O’manc v O’scouse squabble. We stand with women.

Justice for Harriet.

Signed

@mikehunt
@caulifloweredneanderthal
@Aertel220
@Biff_Egan
@Thomas_Brady
@Fran
@TheUlteriorMotive
@FlakeAway

3 Likes

What was that?

Zero chance.

1 Like

Are these the same Liverpool supporters who backed Suarez after he racially abused a player And regularly wax lyrical about Robbie Fowler for his homophobic comments? I’m not sure the moral compass of Liverpool fans is something to be boasting about here. Let’s not even start about the hooliganism.

1 Like

The world has changed a lot in 25 years too.

High jinx stuff.

I don’t think racism and homophobia is hi jinks myself but that’s just me.

2 Likes

Sure if they couldn’t take a joke that’s their problem.

Ah, maybe from the reactionary brigade, but I don’t think there was widespread or certainly genuine outrage in society about it. I think people recognised that he clearly should not have done what he did and had to be suspended, but the reaction from people I remember most was laughing and bemusement, the whole thing was a massive firestorm of chaos and absurdity and hype, and the truth is the general public enjoyed that firestorm. The identity and persona of the person on the wrong end of the kick, ie. that yer man was a caricature of a Landan football thug, generated a fair bit of sympathy for Cantona. Cantona was also seen as a mercurial eccentric which generated a fair bit of sympathy for him as well, rightly or wrongly.

Nevertheless my main point is that if Cantona was suspended for eight months for that, Greenwood will surely be punished much more harshly, as the two things are on different levels altogether, Greenwood’s obviously being much more serious.

A lot of rape cases come down to that tricky issue of consent and drink on board with both parties.

This is on a different level.

The guy cantona kicked had a very odd story. He was banned by Crystal Palace I think and then started supporting Fulham but he wasn’t wanted there either. It seemed like his whole life was ruined by it.

I’d say not…but lads are very naive if they think he’s done and dusted. It’ll be a cynical murky mess. His solicitor will be asking why is the recording edited, why go to social media and not the police or a hospital etc etc.
United will get rid of him but they’ll still come out of it badly if they’ve protected or supported him previously

1 Like

Don’t drag the tone down like other fans do on other threads. A woman has been brutally assaulted and fuck knows what else.

1 Like

Either way there is no comparison with cantona. That was reactionary.

Judging by the dates this was sustained abuse which is a million times worse.

He should see jail time.