Manchester United 21/22

Classic manyoo trying to cheapskate their way out of trouble.

I don’t really understand what your saying.

They are overpaying players and have to almost beg to get players off the books.

The squad is way too big.

Bar big rom I doubt many players have left united for more than 30 million since Ronaldo.

They need to thin the squad out.

You are better off with 14 players who are willing to work hard than 30 players who aren’t pulling together.

You haven’t a clue

His point about having and very large and overpaid squad is correct.

Nonsense. You have to speculate to accumulate. The glaziers are once again failing to back the manager.

3 Likes

What’s the solution long-term?

New owners? A new chief exec? Recruitment of players has been poor, but you’ve plenty of examples of players who have failed at United and done well elsewhere (Depay is one that springs to mind)

Liverpool’s decline from the 90s onwards happened for a number of reasons, but a big one was a lack of business accumen. They failed to move with the times and develop the stadium (i.e. getting more punters in the ground = more dough for transfers and wages) and it took them years to capitalise on a gloabl market. FSG have done plenty wrong at Liverpool, but they’ve expanded the stadium (and crucially kept Liverpool at Anfield) and made them more lucrative business-wise.

United seem to have plenty of money.

2 Likes

United have spent the last decade fumbling in the greasy til.
They should beg Moysie to come back, and back him properly with some proper marquee signings. The fans could save money on a new banner.
The board have short arms and long pockets.

1 Like

If they bought a deep midfielder who could pass and take the ball on the turn it’d make a massive difference. The only one of that profile they’ve even attempted was Schweinsteiger and he was finished.

They’ve been buying tens and wide forwards for years with no foundation in the midfield.

Someone like Axel Witsel who plays for Belgium would make a huge difference.

Moutinho, Witsel, William Carvahlo were all cheap, competent sitting midfielders

1 Like

United could probably afford to buy 11 new players and start flogging off the others on the cheap. I’m sure some noodle deal could be used to pay off lads. Rip it up and start again.

A 39 year old Moutinho did untold for me alongside Billy Gilmour in getting Swansea to win the championship on championship manager.

3 Likes

They should beg moyes to come back if they want to get relegated.

He’s no good at all.

Probably for the best that the Manchester United players aren’t pulling together. The fallout from a gang rape is the last thing the club needs to be dealing with at the moment.

That’s the issue. They can’t flog a lot of players because of the wages they pay.

They have four senior full backs and a couple of promising ones on loan.

Maguire is on mental money and won’t be offloaded but they still need another centre back. Bailey, Lindelof and jones are still on the books. Two of those need to be moved on.

Mid field is a disaster. You’ve Fred and McTominay and we desperately need to hope donny van de beek finds form at Everton and be sold in the summer. James garner is ok too and could be used as sub.

Pogba, Matic Mata and lingard are all off in the summer. So wage wise plus maybe some money for donny there’s room to buy two players.

Obviously these need to be identified and allow us to play with a three man midfield with Bruno at the top off it.

Greenwood was the great hope up front but obviously he’s heading to jail know and rightly so. Cavani will be off and Ronaldo won’t stick around for longer than a year and a half. Wage wise you’ll have plenty freed up here but two strikers are needed.

Got to hope that late winner can kick start rashford again. You still have elanga and sancho too.

I’d have faith in Ralph. There was a bit of togetherness about the last few
Games and I like the way he changed the formation and dropped a few lads.

Whether Woodward and the owners let him do his job is another thing. Seems the owners loved martial and wouldn’t let be sold for years.

1 Like

All your shouting for the last month about how men in Ireland don’t listen to women or respect women.

Then you go and make a post like that. A little bit bizarre/creepy.

1 Like

That post flew over your head like a Dublin to Paris plane.

The issue is the owners, as soon as the Glazers are fooked out and the club is ran like a football club again, United will be successful.

I dont understand why ex players won’t call out the glazers for how sh/te their running the football club.

MUST and the red army are a disaster, both are absolutely useless.

Long term there is no solution because Man City is a game-changer. If you look back on things, the great Man Utd teams had almost no serious competition - just a team that Wenger built out of nothing at Arsenal.

Man Utd couldn’t even cope properly with Abramovich buying over Chelsea. What’s happened at Man City is 5 times bigger than that. Add in Liverpool revolutionizing themselves at all levels of the club, Tottenham getting the money machine rolling and finding players like Kane (a player that Ferguson definitely would have tried to buy BTW), Leicester building a good team out of nothing… the best case scenario for Manchester United now would be to consistently finish in the top 3.

1 Like

The glazers have handed every manager a substantial war chest when requested. Nearly £1bn since Fergie left. Phenomenal backing.

2 Likes

I’m not saying they haven’t put money in but with no structures and director of football to spend it properly they might have been better flushing it down the toilet. There fooking clueless