Manchester United 21/22

I did and all things considered he done ok up until the end of last season anyway. I said it was
Time to move on during the summer but when you put into context how bad The shit show was behind the scenes you have to give him credit.

He done no worse than Jose and it’s not like things picked up immediately either.

1 Like

You’ll be right eventually. Like an economist.

1 Like

What exactly did he so badly? He steadied the ship after taking over from a complete mess. He dealt with a mess upstairs too. Finished top four two seasons in a row which United hadn’t done since fergie left.

It was fairly clear at the end of last season to me it just wasn’t going to keep moving forward.

I don’t really get the hate.

Selling Evans was a huge mistake.

In fairness to Fergie he’d have got a tune out of Jones and Smalling too.

That’s a serious leadership group at Liverpool. Van Dijk captain of The Netherlands, Andy Robertson is Scottish captain. Is Salah Egypt Captain too? And then the core two standard setters in Henderson and Millie. Plethora of leaders.

1 Like

Van gaal done untold. Fucked up shaw, fucked up depay and sold evans.

Brought in di Maria, bastian schiestiger and falcao on huge wages.

Just a mess.

So fantastic they’ve delivered one league title in 30 odd years.

2 Likes

850m pumped in over the last few years and they still not happy.

3 Likes

They need to back the manager.

1 Like

They don’t need to do that. They’ve fucked money at it over and over again. The worst thing they can do is spend more money.

They’ve no real wage structure. Completely over paying lads too and then it’s impossible to move them.

Afraid to sell lads because they might do a job for somebody else.

It’s just ran terribly from the top.

That reminds me of a particularly tasteful lad from home who bought a United jersey with “Larry Murphy*” on the back on one trip.

*the alleged rapist/ serial killer, not the Wexford hurler

Look at Pogba, martial and lingard. You could have got maybe 100 million for them during the summer.

Instead they hold onto all three. They barely play and they’ll probably pay them 30 odd million for the season.

Woodward isn’t have as smart a business man as people make out.

That pitch invasion was gas. The postponement gave Liverpool just the fillip we needed in the Champions League race. We’ll probably win that out now in May😂

There’s no policy at anything.

Do they even look at the squad and ask themselves how do we balance it out a bit?

There’s absolutely no vision for what the team/squad should look like.

It’s a complete lack of an overall plan. Fergie gave them continuity and he was a director football and a manager all rolled into one. A freak. Since then they’ve signed players suited for each manager and given them free reign. Then fired the manager and signed more players etc. Leaving them with a complete mish mash of players who don’t suit the next managers style all on huge money so can’t be moved on.

Then Ole had something working, it wasn’t perfect but it was something, counter attacking football with fast players up front. Then they signed Ronaldo who had to start and didn’t suit the style at all. I mean he’s class etc but you’ve to change the whole thing to fit him in.

They need a director of football who will not just sign the players but also chose a style of football that the next manager will have to play and then sign players that will fit that style.

They’ve also signed just plain bad players.

The transfer room is run by their marketing department

7 Likes

Even if Ralph just completely thins the squad He’ll have done something.

Time to update my iPad back round.

1 Like

Boris Johnson is the man to sort it out. Give it Boris t’end a season.

Go for it.

4 Likes

They need to give it giggsy til the end of the season.