Manchester United 21/22

Name is on the Champions League 2022

His faults weren’t as exposed at his previous clubs cos they packed the defence and he was surrounded by his own team mates. England did similar.

When he has to think he panics and has fuck all natural ability to rely on.

2 Likes

Man Utd down to 8th if the teams below them win their games in hand. Wolves sneaking into the European race under the radar.

He looks so bad on the ball. The amount of times he nearly passes it out of play.

He makes Shaw look worse as well cos he covers no ground at all on the left.

1 Like

Are we watching the same player? Baresi like in his ability here

2 Likes

Utd have enjoyed the ‘new manager bounce’ too often in the last. Fair play to them for learning their lesson.

2 Likes

Hull and Leicester is his level.

1 Like

Tough choice between Rugby League and Rugby Union there.

3 Likes

:joy::joy: wasn’t even a full press.

I wouldn’t take too much notice of Brent.

That doesn’t account for the general panic Maguire causes too. The least calm looking defender I’ve seen in years. Perpetually looks under pressure

100%. He’s the 4th worst defender on this, and I’m not a huge fan of the cunt Goldbridge.

We haven’t looked strong at left back with Telles or Shaw cos they are always trying to make up for Maguire being slow or giving them the ball when they’re under pressure.

The biggest surprise last night was that he didn’t take Rodriguez out of it and get sent off. Though if he had he would have been better off cos they could have gone backs to the wall, concentrated on countering and then have him suspended for a few games.

Ronaldo’s finishing is getting worse. It’s like puberty in reverse as he realises his limbs can no longer do the things they could or should. He’s missed a fair few of late.
Didn’t see last night. Could any Utd fan give me a decent summary of what happened who played well etc? @BruidheanChaorthainn @croppy_boy @Mullach_Ide

First half was good and they were unlucky not to be at least 2-0 up, with the VAR decision. The second one looked soft enough as well. Defence looked decent, bar the nervous Maguire who still did little wrong in that period. Midfield was good too Pogba and McTominay went well and Bruno was getting about and spreading the ball out to Sancho, who had his best outing, and Rashford, who was in and out of the game in fits and starts but still better than of late. Cavani found the going tough on Tarkowski and Mee and still could have had a goal only for Pope getting across to save his header from a yard out.

Second half Maguire looked like a bomb scare and Burnley were busier in midfield. I messaged one of my mates and made the point that you could easily see Burnley nicking one even though United were playing well. Ronaldo came on for Cavani. He got on a few headers but the CBs did enough to stop him. McTominay went off for Lingard and Rashford started to penetrate a bit down the left, Sancho still good on the other side, looked to me like momentum was building - but with the feeling that it was one of those shitty, rainy nights where nothing goes right. Elanga replaced Rashford and didn’t do a huge amount.

Their goal came off Maguire missing a tackle on Weghorst and then failing to get back to cover Rodriguez after Varane tried to clean up his mess.

All in all I’d have to say that they do seem to be improving in possession, bar Maguire. Attack is starting to click and defence would be far steadier with Lindelof in for Maguire.

1 Like

I know Maguire fucked up on the tackle and even again tracking back, but Shaws positioning is really questionable too. Here is is tracking back, the furthest forward of the back 4.

There is no reason for him to be so deep here. And what makes this worse is that he is looking right across the line.

He keeps Rodriguez onside. So for me, as much culpable for that goal. I don’t watch Utd regularly, but his positioning is questionable a lot in games I’ve seen where he seems out of sync with the others in the back 4.

Are you in lockdown?

bored

His still had his man covered. Fair enough on the offside fuck up.

He’s not as good as he’s made out to be buy Maguire’s lack of talent leaves him very vulnerable.

I could see Brandon Williams making the left back starting berth his own next season.