Manchester United 21/22

Sir Geoffrey is one of Man U’s most passionate superfans. He’d give the likes of @BruidheanChaorthainn, @croppy_boy or Man U pyjamas man @Juhniallio a run for their money. Sir Geoffrey caused uproar at the end of season awards dinner a few years back and I think earned himself a ban from MUTV.

CRICKET legend Geoffrey Boycott last night slammed his beloved Manchester United in an incredible rant at the club’s annual end-of-season bash.

The former Yorkshire captain and Man Utd fan blasted his side for their “uninspiring” finish to this year’s dismal campaign.

And he added that the team - who were milling around just feet away - should be ashamed as they’ve “let the fans down”.

Asked what United means to him, Geoffrey, 78, told the club’s TV channel MUTV: “Disappointment more than anything.”

He added: “Somehow it’s kind of faded away towards the end.”

A scathing Geoffrey also appeared to make a dig at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - whose form since taking over as manager from sacked Jose Mourinho in December has nosedived.

He said: "The football hasn’t been inspiring - if anything they’ve let themselves down and the people who support Man United.

“It’s not just the results but some of the football has been hard to watch.”

In a full-frontal attack on the 46-year-old manager, Geoffrey added: "He doesn’t have a record of experience does he?

"He had a short time at Cardiff.

"He looked after a team in his own country but it’s not the Premier League.”

1 Like

It’s really odd how much it annoys you that people follow sports teams.

I’d say ten times you’ve had a go because I posted the table when man United were on top.

I guess you’d prefer if we were out beating the pulp out of women or something.

The right thing to do. I wonder will UEFA drop their Gazprom sponsorship?

Again and we’ve had this before I would say the right thing was done but for the wrong reasons. Woodward is a weasel and shouldn’t have been involved with them anyway imo.

City and Chelsea fans having a go cos Utd had Aeroflot as their official airline was more than a little hilarious.

2 Likes

Spuds and Murderpool fans got a kicking here today

@ChairmanDan giving the usual suspects a right chasing again.

2 Likes

You know it’s all over when the real Geoff Boycott is introduced to the conversation

Poor old @BruidheanChaorthainn got an awful land when he realised the real Geoffrey was a big United man.

2 Likes

Why would I? I can’t do anything about it. I’m sure there’s wrong ones supporting every club.

Man united definitely attracts them more with the glazers/Woodward at the top though.

Geoffrey Boycott 's behaviour doesn’t reflect well on Manchester United imho.

Manchester United Football Club didn’t seem to have any problems with inviting Sir Geoffrey Boycott to their end of season awards ceremony in 2019 or giving him a platform on MUFC to air his views on the club.

A gritty character who’s faced down the fearsome West Indies bowling attack must despair at the carry on of the pampered soccer stars of today.

The united boys have the lads on the run here. Condemn it ye bastards

3 Likes

Marcus Rashford is having some quiet turmoil in his life at the minute I’m told, which may reflect on the pitch.
He is a remarkable man, surrounded by some people less so.

2 Likes

Dm

What’s happened ?

Nothing of any great significance, but troubles, like beauty, are sometimes in the eye of the beholder.

1 Like