Manchester United 21/22

There’s no ‘B’ team for the most expensively assembled squad in world football. Quality everywhere.

1 Like

Man uniteds forward line is three academy(lingard, rashford and elanga) graduates, two free transfers(Cavani and Ronaldo) and sancho who cost 70 million.

I’m struggling to believe man united currently have the most expensively assembled squad on the planet.

The average purchase price of the midfield is probably around 40 million. Fred and Bruno were around that mark. Pogba 80 million and mctominay is an academy graduate. Matic was cheap enough too.

The average of the full backs can’t be too high. The four on the books hardly on average cost 25 million between them.

Centre backs are expensive probably around 50 million average.

The two keepers between them cost no more than 30 million. Henderson being a youth academy graduate.

Something very likeable about Ralph.

1 Like

That’s a fair bit of revisionism tbh. “free transfers” are hardly free. Zlatan, on top of his wage, was on a million quid a goal.

1 Like

That’s not really the parameters lads use on here though.

That’s very true :slightly_smiling_face:

I heard they have currently assembled the most lavishly expensive playing roster ever under contract to a professional sports organisation in European history and this collection of athletes are in receipt of an eye wateringly lofty level of remuneration. The useless cunts.

Christy is the highest paid player in the league at half a million a week. De Gea, Sancho and Varane all in the Top 5 highest earners as well, all on over 300 grand a week.

The 100 million famed youth academy graduate signing, Pogba also in the Top 10 highest earners in the league as well.

It’s staggering largesse for such underachievement.

3 Likes

There around £100m of players on loan. And squad fillers like Mata and Phil Jones who cost a fortune in fees and wages.

The trolls don’t like the maths so they pull figures from thin air.

All wind ups aside I would genuinely say it’s unprecedented in football history?
Has a team ever been among the top spenders in a league and not alone not won it but not even competed for it and won no cups even. The telling thing this year was when they finished second last year signed Sancho Ronaldo and varane and the bookies had them 4th favourites! I can’t think of anything remotely comparable. Especially since the club have such a history and tradition of success and recent enough too.

1 Like

Other article I saw that this is based on, which I can’t find now uses net fucking spend. I shit you not.

The Ferran Torres transfer moved City back to second place from 1st.

this is from December

1. Manchester United
League Position: 6th
Total wage bill: £227million

2. Chelsea
League Position: 3rd
Total wage bill: £162million

3. Manchester City
League Position: 1st
Total wage bill: £143million

4. Liverpool
League Position: 2nd
Total wage bill: £139million

5. Arsenal
League Position: 4th
Total wage bill: £99million

6. Spurs
League Position: 7th
Total wage bill: £78million

7. Everton
League Position: 14th
Total wage bill: £70million

8. West Ham
League Position: 5th
Total wage bill: £59million

9. Leicester City
League Position: 9th
Total wage bill: £54million

10. Crystal Palace
League Position: 11th
Total wage bill: £51million

11. Aston Villa
League Position: 10th
Total wage bill: £51million

12. Newcastle United
League Position: 19th
Total wage bill: £46million

13. Wolves
League Position: 8th
Total wage bill: £45million

14. Southampton
League Position: 15th
Total wage bill: £43million

15. Brighton
League Position: 13th
Total wage bill: £37million

16. Burnley
League Position: 18th
Total wage bill: £33million

17. Watford
League position: 17th
Total wage bill: £30million

18. Norwich
League position: 20th
Total wage bill: £24million

19. Leeds
League position: 16th
Total wage bill: £17million

20. Brentford
League position: 12th
Total wage bill: £12million

I find those figures very hard to believe particularly Man City.

City are a disgusting regieme. Something needs to be done about them.

Arsenals current squad is the most expensive in the league based on transfer fees I think.

Just incoming I think.

United are in a terrible position dye to their inability to let dead weight leave. There could have been at least £70m recouped if they let Lingard and Henderson leave in the window.

Pogba was never leaving in January when he can command a massive wage for moving on a free this summer.

1 Like

Oh My God Reaction GIF

2 Likes

If Ched Evans is still driving a brand new 5 litre Q7 plying his trade at Preston, I find some of those total wage bills hard to believe.

back door payments: cars are normally “leased” from a car dealership “partner”