Manchester United 21/22

The last thing United need is a world class young striker with 10 odd years left in him

1 Like

Do you honestly think man united sign haaland?

It would be a terrible move for 150 million or so. There’ll be nothing left for other signings and you’ve Henderson, one full back, Jones, mata, martial, Matic, lingard, ronaldo, Pogba, Cavani, greenwood and possibly van de beek off in the summer.

With or without haaland you’ll win nothing so I don’t see the point.

They could afford to, he will vastly improve their team, they have 2 aging strikers and 1 very unlikely to play for them again for other reasons.

I cant see why you wouldn’t. Most of the players you’ve listed aren’t first team regulars. They’ll also have some money freed up from Ronaldo’s wages if he goes, which he should.

1 Like

Possibly but you also have pay him an absolute fortune to play and that means any other player will look for similar money when going for renewals and that’s been a huge issue for man United. Overpaying for players.

I just don’t see it.

You say to the other player “sorry, but Haaland is scoring bags of goals and you are shite so he will continue to get paid more than you”

I’d imagine Utd marquee players throughout the years were always on far superior pay & contracts?

Keane, Ronaldo, Rooney….

That’s not a great policy when trying to attract players.

You end up with loads of over paid players.

How? The kind of player that feels he deserves Haaland wages for doing fuck all is not the kind of player you want.

And United dont have to overpay players. They are just horribly mismanaged

That not really true.

Alexis signing from arsenal on 500k a week was the start off it.

You overpay one player you’ll end up overpaying for them all very quickly.

It’s not like Man City or psg can’t Match man united and Real Madrid will be back soon.

Putting the vast majority one player at a huge cost doesn’t look a wise move to me.

Yeah but that’s just a bad signing and a bad decision. You can avoid that.

Liverpool dont overpay their players and they have marquee names

Alexis was a free on big wages at what age?

Haaland has 10 plus years to make his wages pay for themselves

1 Like

Sure as I said you’ll have a tiny squad left this summer.

If you blow your budget on one player you can turn sound and stone wall. Clubs will know your desperate and then you’ve little options.

Barcelona are a prime example.

08/09 they weren’t overpaid.

Fast forward four or five years and their wage bill spiralled out of control as they started Over paying their top players.

But that’s the same issue as United. It wasn’t the wages of the top lads crippled Barca, it was spending HUGE money on absolute duds like Coutinho and Dembele

I think @BruidheanChaorthainn is right here

United are probably one of the few clubs that could afford Haaland now and would win fuckall after signing him.

Finding the next Haaland is where it’s at. They’ll win fuck all without him too mind…

Sure there’s not an absolute hope haaland would go to united. The very best players in the world have never gone to England and if they are going to start it won’t be to the team who are at best 4th best.

Where is Ronaldo going to go? He cant press so is incompatible with every progressive coach in Europe. At the money, I cant see who takes him. Pochettino wont want him at PSG.

Head to the states I’d presume.

Thought he can’t go there over the incident with the woman or is that closed? I always think he is very legacy oriented as well and America wont add to that. Getting United back competitive would. Itll be interesting to see what happens.

He looked really really poor the last few times I saw him. Could he become player manager of Portugal or something like that.

1 Like