Manchester United 21/22

He did a lovely little bit of keepy uppy on the far sideline in the first couple of minutes. That’ll be huge on social media. That’s the main thing.

I think Pochettino has to be the call for Man United now.

He didnt have any success in the EPL but he kept Tottenham in the Top Four regularly with little backing so maybe the greater backing at United will push them further on.

He’ll bring structure and stability to them. The problem for them is that Man City and Liverpool have pushed further ahead in terms of consistency so the gap to them is growing.

Ronaldo has had loads of games like that in his career. If he’s not getting service he’s generally not up to much as he barely gets involved in the game

What are you talking about? Ronaldo is one of the best players to ever play the game - calling his credibility into question is just daft.

Where has Pogba ever had enough credibility to warrant building a team around him?

I’m talking about the lovely bit of keepy uppy he did in the first couple of minutes. Did you miss it?

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

That was at a time when Arsenal were abysmal. I think Pochettino is overhyped. He has a star studded PSG team and they cant get it done in the champions league. I’m not sure he is going to bring anything extra to the table than any of the predecessors since Ferguson have. The squad needs gutting and the culture needs to change. Someone like Tuchel would be a better appointment in my opinion.

1 Like

Here you go.

1 Like

Tuchel - the guy at PSG before Pochettino who couldn’t get the star studded team to get it done in the champions league?

5 Likes

Yes Tuchel who won a champions league with Kai Havertz and Mason Mount.
He didn’t have Messi at his disposal when he was with PSG and Mbappe is after maturing into a far better player in last couple of years.

Fair enough.

My overall point is that PSG isn’t really a barometer of a manager’s ability as it is quite a dysfunctional club.

Tuchel lost a 4-0 lead to Barcelona one year.

Tuchel has done well since he’s left. I think Pochettino can do the same - for instance he brought Harry Kane through and made him the player he is. Also I doubt that Tuchel will jump ship.

1 Like

Would Tommy Tuchel take the United job though?

Brendan Rodgers might be available this summer

Wazza should be given a cut at it.

I would be surprised if he did not.

Tuchel would be the best man for the job.

I’d prefer Ten Hag to Pochettino. Poch will try a quick fix when they need a long term fan.

Problem is they come under pressure straight away if they’re not challenging for the title due to the club’s history.

When you compare it to Liverpool, Chelsea and City they’re way off when you look at the starting 11 and how many of them are of Champions League calibre.

A lot of squad players and veterans but few long term starters outside of De Gea, Varane, Shaw (maybe) and Sancho. Dalot is decent but not top level, Fred and McTominay can be outstanding on rare occasions but are more squad players as opposed to what you’d build a foundation on.

Signing a defensive midfielder, another 8, CB and a young striker should be the aim this summer, or promote the younger players to see if they’re up to it. I’m not talking about top level transfers either, properly scouted prospects. Top level won’t come to a non-champions league team.

Are people still banging the drum about this guy at a big club?

2 Likes

I think he would. He will want to leave all the baggage at Chelsea behind him and he knows he wont have financial backing to same degree going forward even though it did not hamstring him when they had a transfer embargo. He would be leaving with a champions league in the Trophy cabinet and champions league football next season. The cup final loss to Liverpool would have been a nice going away present but he will have unlimited funds at United and a good endorsement from fellow German Ragnick.

I think Rio hit the nail on the head when he said that United could buy Haaland and Mbappe this summer and they wont win the league. A proper manager is crucial.

1 Like