Manchester United 21/22

Ten Hag is probably a great lad to manage a bunch of young lads in a diddy league but you’d worry about his ability to lead a team of ego driven stars in the biggest league in the world.

6 Likes

Losing at home to Benfica isn’t a great advert for him, no more than conceding three second half goals at home to Spurs to lose the tie was.

Ajax’s recruitment has been key to their relative success. That was mainly down to Overmars.

Even the Atleti twitter account loves acting the bollox

4 Likes

He won the world cup.

Those lovely bastards.

1 Like

You could have said the same of Klopp before he joined Liverpool in fairness and Ten Hag has a similar Champions League performance with Ajax as he had at Dortmund I’d say.

A lot of players have won the World Cup down the years.

Klopp won the German title a few times which is considerably more difficult than the Dutch League I would suggest.

We all know what that fucker was interested in recruiting.

1 Like

Sorry mate, thay was a reference to Frank Leboeuf’s infamous 1998 appearance on The Think It’s All Over.

Pogba is a world class footballer, if a manager isn’t getting that out of him, I’d query the manager and set up around him before I’d query Pogba. His performances for France and Juventus back up his quality.

United are a basket case. Pogba looks like he doesn’t care. Whose to blame for that you can surmise yourself

1 Like

While Pogba has performed reasonably well for France, I don’t think there is anything more than a performance you expect a player who gets into the France team at the moment to do.

Claiming his performances at Juventus many years ago at this stage is hardly relevant,. Also the likes of Vidal from that team is still going and performing at a high level as last week’s match in the CL showed.

What I would point to is Pogba’s complete disaster of a time at Man Utd. You mention a joke of a set up - look at Bruno Fernandez. I don’t like the guy but he has been superb for United since joining. The level you are talking at for Pogba demands an infinitely greater level of performance than that shaper has shown.

1 Like

Didn’t Pogba cost France at the Euros last year, messing with the ball in midfield against the Swiss, getting caught acting the flute from where Switzerland equalised?

Listening to Andy Mitten on OTB the morning after a United defeat is one of life’s simple pleasures.

Fernandez hasn’t performed against a top 6 side, and is reduced now to the being a petulant little snot. I wouldnt let him drive the bus.

4 Likes

Indeed.

Just because he has a big presence and trots around like he’s the shit, and has a few advertising deals, does not a world class footballer make.

I heard that Marcel Desailly was giving out about him last night. Now there was a world class footballer.

But being the key player in winning the World Cup does.

Leicester City have won more EPL titles than Man Utd in the last 8 years. Equal amount than Liverpool in the same period.

No more key than other members of that team I would suggest.

I would suggest he was in the three or four most key players, not just because he scored a superb goal in the final at a crucial time to put France 3-1 up, but because he was one of the two pivots (along with Kante) on which the entire team hinged.

Recruitment is the key to any success in fairness