Manchester United 21/22

My word. Rashford sort of gets through on goal and elanga who’s offside tackles him.

Ends 1 all.

Not good enough.

16 Likes

Lucky to get the draw. Fairly toothless

Text me and let me know how long it takes you to go through security coming through Manchester if you Don’t mind! Hope you enjoyed the game at least !

1 Like

Thought Rashford did ok through the middle.

Not clinical enough. Sone nice play.

Need the Tag Hag appointment and start the rebuild now.

We made it through in 15 mins with fastpass this afternoon. I’d say an hour without.
Two weeks ago it was taking 3 hours even with fastpass apparently.
T3 is now open, but their security gates aren’t, so all through T1. It’s a horrible airport at the best of times tbh.

1 Like

40 minutes without fast track.

2 Likes

Thanks copper and flatly

2 Likes

Rooney probably talked him out if ever being Man Utd manager on MNF. Saying the club should build around Lingard and McTominay killed the goid he did sayung Ronaldo and Pogba should move on. Exposed as a spoofer.

Ar best, I could see him doing ok with a Top 10 side before moving onto a 2nd tier international side.

Sure why would Rooney say who he really thinks should be man united :sweat_smile:

If they balls up the next appointment they’ll probably turn to him…

Appointing Ten Hag seems like a no brainer at this point and could allow for money to be focused on a DM and striker this summer.

I’m basing that him getting a tune out of Van de Beek and giving Garner a go. That would mean theres four potential number 8s in Fred, Garner, Van de Beek, McTominay and Bruno.

Full backs can be coped with for another season, bring Williams back and give another of the youngsters a go at RB as back up to Dalot. Try sell AWB.

Def need one CB but there’s reports that he’d look to bring Timber and Anthony with him from Ajax. Araujo was clearly just using rumours to get a new deal from Barcelona.

Anthony is class but I think signing him would be dependent on selling Martial. Striker wise I’d love to see Nunez but think he might be reluctant if Ronaldo is still around. Anyone who can preoccupy opposing CBs with a bit of physicality would be welcome and free up space fir the ither attackers.

Just leaves DM then. Rice is stupid money and it appears his heart lies with Chelsea so I’d stay away and hope to get someone from the continent like Tchouameni and a youngster like Zubimendi.

You are obsessed :joy:

1 Like

Sure it’s only fun if you are. If not you’d be resorting to going into the threads of other clubs and trying to have ‘funny’ pot shots in order to try and think you’re getting one up :rofl:

To be fair I’ve started to read a good bit more on different sports for the first time since I was in my mid 20s and listening to podcasts when I’m out running/cycling are a real game changer.

1 Like

Has this Ten Hag chap any managerial experience of note other than managing in a 2 and a half team, 7th strongest league in Europe? It’s all grand in the backwater of Dutch domestic soccer where it’s invariably sufficient for Ajax with a crowd of kids in the team to win the domestic title most seasons.

Man U should be going with a manager who’s tried and tested and experienced in the hard nosed environment of the English Premier League. Surely, they’ve made enough hipster appointments at this stage.

1 Like

The last couple of managers to come out of Ajax have struggled to make the step up initially. De Boer was one of them I think. Lasted a few months at Inter Milan if I remember right.

1 Like

This is the kind of stuff that annoys me. Given the resources he ten Hag has had he’s managed to produce two quality teams at Ajax that have gone deep into the Champion’s League knock outs. He’s shown potential and there is definitely the chance that there’s some upside to be had from appointing him. particularly his ability to build a team based on a culture.

These things take time, just look at what Klopp built in Liverpool after being given time and patience. He’d won two leagues in a two horse race and managed some no nothing teams in the same league. Pochettino pre Spurs have slightly improved an EPL before make Spurs a constant presence in the top four and challengers in the Champions League.

This ‘tried and tested’ malarky has been done at Utd with Van Gaal and Mourinho. Didn’t work.

Holistic vegan mindfulness is the way forward for Manchester United. Small sided non contact games in training with the emphasis on fun. The focus will be on creating rounded, educated human beings in an ethical environment. Future Coach Ten Hag will help the players with their homework. Players will go on regular retreats to develop as humans.

Isn’t Ten Haag just another Pep apprentice like Arteta?

Is this what the great Utd are reduced to