Manchester United 21/22

In fairness, @ChairmanDan enjoys his trolling here immensely. I’d hate to deprive him of one of his pleasures. As long as he keeps his racism under wraps we should be fine.

1 Like

To be fair he probably thought he’d get more support on that regard with some many Liverpool fans posting in this thread.

2 Likes
1 Like

Whatever about ways or philosophies, he needs to sign at least 2 competent midfielders who are comfortable enough on the ball to initiate play and have the engine to get around.

The fullback and forward options aren’t great but they would improve immensely playing with midfielders who know what to do.

Brosovic, the Croatian at Inter is a top midfielder in all facets of play, there is one. Get him and another in there like Rice, Kalvin Phillips, Axel Witsel, Neves or Moutinho, the likes of Fred and McTominay would be fine next to the two of them.

Ah lovely.

The other big thing is what to do with Bruno and Sancho.

Bruno lacks tactical discipline and his habit of always looking for the silver bullet pass can be a negative for sustaining pressure on opposition and creating overloads which is how Ten Haag will want to play.

Sancho is a lovely footballer but outright slow for a modern winger, the need to think of ways where he can combine with teammates easier.

Ten Haag needs to think of ways to mask these flaws.

There is one striker spot, Bruno wants a runner like Nunez, Sancho probably wants a big man to play off like Giroud, hard to square that and play both.

Racism isn’t lovely my man, we’ve evolved, time to leave that behind.

Bruno will play 8 or 10 I think and shoyld benefit from more time under proper coaches.

Sancho has been excellent in the second halfvof the season, he doesn’t need the speed with his touch and level of intelligence. He seems to amble past the opposition at times.

DDG is the elephant in the room. Excellent shot-stopper but poor with his feet which constrains your ability to retain possession.

Ah he improved a bit but he hasn’t been excellent in fairness. He’s very watery and won’t become a great player. Not enough cut to him. Incredibly underwhelming big money signing.

1 Like

Respectfully disagree so we’ll have to just wait and see how it plays out.

1 Like

:green_heart::joy::joy:

It was a big gamble by him at the time leaving a Juve team who were pushing hard to win the Champions League around 2016 to join a Man United side who weren’t even in it. I’d imagine it was an ego and money centred move because in footballing terms it made little sense for Pogba himself. I wouldn’t have too much sympathy for him.

Them winners at aintree won’t pay for themselves.

Sancho/Rashford must surely fancy their chances against Coleman today.

Fuck sake.

Maguire with another deflection. :joy:

If he threw a fiver in the air it would come back down as a summons.

8 Likes

He is a lazy bastard of a defender, if he has his feet sorted it doesn’t happen.