Manchester United 21/22

Ajax?

United fan group aims to start ‘relentless’ Glazer protests at Old Trafford this Saturday United fan group aims to start 'relentless' Glazer protests at Old Trafford this Saturday

Neville’s comments filled him with confidence too apparently

What did Gary say?

It was a suicide job

Leipzig are in for him too now. Dare I suggest it may be a little embarrassing for Manchester United if they’re beaten to Ten Haag by a crowd of German upstarts.

Has Ten used united as a bargaining tool?

I honestly don’t think it really matters the more I think about it. As long as the glazers are in control it’ll be a mess.

1 Like

A man in demand. Ralf is ideally placed to advise on which to choose having directed operations from special advisory roles at both Man United and Leipzig.

Has Ralf advised RB to make a swoop?

1 Like

If united miss out on him it will be seen as a massive fuck up letting one of the most sought after coaches in world football slip through their fingers but if they get him they’ll get stick for hiring someone who’s never managed in a top league and has achieved fuck all of note. It’s quite the quandary for them.

Is Ten Hag that sought after? Spurs passed over him last summer apparently because he flunked his interview and lacked charisma. Never thought I’d see the day that the mighty Man U would be begging for cast offs from little old Tottenham.

I’d doubt it. Ralf is a staunch Mancunian for the next 18 months at least.

It’s good for them to have the fallback option of Sleepy Ralf staying in the managerial hot seat for the next two years if Plan A doesn’t work out.

It would be some craic if the deal falls through and they appointed bielsa instead.

1 Like

What did Ralph rangnick do to upset you so much ?

I’m delighted for Sleepy Ralf. You’d want a heart of stone not to be. He’s blagged himself the 3 year deal of a lifetime off a crowd with more money than sense after a career scrapping around as a journeyman. That’ll more or less see him up to pension drawing age.

1 Like

According to the Dutch journalist that dod the feature on Ten Hag for the BBC this is the process he has followed at every club. He just wants it set in stone that he can agree to targets and have someone like Rangnick to deal with agents, etc.

I think it’s a positive that he will work on player and culture development so it removes all Glazer influence from that end of things.

Getting them to sort out Old Trafford and the facilities and honour commitments they made after the ESL debacle is another story entirely.

They’d need a new squad if he was appointed. Imagine asking the current squad to play that pressing game :smile:

I reckon they’ll be promoting a lot of the U23s to the senior squad and bringing back the lads that are on loan.

He did really well at Ajax in replacing the likes of De Jong and De Ligt fairly seamlessly thanks to spending so much time coaching lads one on one.

Some of the current crowd will have a melt down when they learn that training sessions are going to be even longer.