Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

Rojo is an excellent defender and will form the best central defense with Smalling since Bruce and Pallister. I like the look of the team LVG has built. I agree Blind is a back up to Shaw that’s it. Plenty at DR and CM and wingers but Littlepea needs to convert or get someone who can.

What are you basing that on? He is rash and makes at least one major fuck up in every game he plays. He was like that for Argentina in the WC too. He has been average to poor for United.

1 Like

Wouldn’t agree, he has been good for United but will improve greatly this season as he settles in with Smalling. Last season how many central defender partnerships were there, hardly ideal for a new player. He has all the attributes for a central defender, size, power, pace, good in the air, and a bit of the required mean streak. The options are far worse, Blind is an accident waiting to happen back there and has none of the attributes for the position, Jones more prone to rashness and mistakes, McNair not strong enough yet at least, and that’s it. Hope when he is fully fit LVG will give Smalling, who is playing really well, and himself a solid run, United need a stable defense this season.

Psv, Cska and and wolfsborg in the ucl draw.

1 Like

Could have done without drawing Wolfsburg from pot 4 but overall have to be happy with that.

2 Likes

You can’t complain.

How can a side that finished fourth in their domestic league be seeded second in the ‘Champions League’?

No idea Geoff., but there used to be a lad called Manuel who was the boss for stat type bollox. He may know.

Results over a longer period of a time than last season count. Might have something to do with coefficients.

May I state, for the record, that I hate the fuckers. That is all.

3 Likes

Didn’t compete last season. Quarter Finals 2013/14, Round of 16 in 2012/13 and eliminated in the group stages by Basel and Benfica in 2011/12.

Ah for ffs don’t rise to the cunt…

1 Like

Been away for a while so still figuring out what the gimps have changed their usernames to.

Said the same myself the other night :persevere: It does not feel like 11 years ago fuck sake.

Massive game away to Swansea tomorrow, hopefully after Rooney’s hat trick midweek he’ll go on a good run now.

Three shots on target in the first three league games and not a single home grown player has seen game time for the quarter of a billion team so far this season. What ever happened to the Man U way?

The usual 2-1 win for Swansea.

1 Like

Awful display, awful result.

Another battle to get top four this season.

Utd will win nothing under Van Gaal…he is a good man to steady the ship and that’s about it.

Of all the fuck ups Moyes made - and god knows there were many - the worst was giving Rooney that massive contract. He is untouchable now.

His legs are gone - those goals against the sixth best team in Belgium have papered over how awful he has been for months. His power and acceleration have gone. No threat to defenders any more. Never stretches defenders, offers practically no movement.

Fergie knew the score when he tried to get rid.

1 Like