Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

FFP is dead

They wonā€™t let it die.

Itā€™s already gone.

Anytime you hazard a guess around these parts you only enhance the reputation of extreme stupidity you already have.

1 Like

It is impossible to find exact wage figures Harry.

Stephanie Roche has her say

Have Manchester United lost their lustre? Is Ed Woodward to blame for their transfer woes? Iā€™m not convinced.

Itā€™s been an interesting few days for fans of the Red Devils with many voicing their frustrations at seeing Pedro training with Fabregas and co at Cobham and Nicolas Otamendi heading for the noisy neighbours.

Stories of United targets being nabbed, hijacked or pinched clearly donā€™t make for good reading but you would wonder whether Louis van Gaal is perturbed.

Big sides like United are linked with everyone and the level of papertalk seems to have been ramped up this summer to the point where anyone pulling on a pair of boots could be on their way.

United supporters have to adjust to the changed reality that world football is changed and itā€™s becoming increasingly difficult to get every player you want to the club.

Stoke signing Xherdan Shaqiri, West Hamā€™s capture of Dmitri Payet and Crystal Palace securing Yohan Cabaye illustrates how middle ranking clubs in the league can seriously compete for big names in the window.

They continue to be one of the richest clubs in the world but other clubs are generating funds for their exploits on the pitch rather than off.

Stories that Fabregasā€™ wife and Pedroā€™s partner and good friends and that, along with the shopping in London, were factors doesnā€™t wash with me.

We are human and we like these things but Pedro is a World cup winner and an ambitious footballer who knows how short his career isā€¦ football will always be his primary concern.

Some analysts have suggested that the spectre of working alongside Louis van Gaal may be putting targets off.

Heā€™s a tough coach but personally I like the manager to be tough and I think his approach is continuing to reap dividends.

Marouane Fellainiā€™s late winner and the reaction at Old Trafford was like ā€˜Fergie timeā€™ all over again.

United showed the ambition that has maybe has been lacking in recent seasons on the pitch and the ball is starting to bounce their way.

Memphis Depay looks like he could be the real deal and could be the gamebreaker that United have been crying out for.

Away from matters at Old Trafford, Damian Delaneyā€™s honest and thoughtful statement was nice to read.

He was respectful in what he said but also showed a real interest in the progress of Irish football. I think heā€™s right in saying that we do need to create our own philosophy and way of playing to the strengths we have as a football team.

Itā€™s going to be hard to please every fan, but I believe Martin Oā€™Neill and Roy Keane will get the best from our current squad.

1 Like

The late winner that made it 3-1?

1 Like

@dancingbaby if this was my forum I would permanently ban you for that post.

Harry are you lacking the mental strength along with the rest of the Tipp Senior Hurling panel as was referenced today by a triple AI medalist, I was convinced ye would win this year but ye shat the togs again as usual when faced with a couple of shoulder challenges.

1 Like

3 nil up tonight. Rooney with a hat-trick.

Weā€™re back baby, weā€™re back.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the pass of the season from Shweini. Worth every penny of the Ā£6.8 million.

We want 5.

We are we are back bacccccccck

Rooneyā€™s first European hat-trick since his Manchester United debut against Fenerbahce in 2004. That makes me feel quite old.

2 Likes

Chicarito misses a penalty and a sitter from 4 yards.

Job done. Back in the European Cup proper and the Moyes apocalypse further undone.

1 goal conceded in 5 games this season. LVG is steadying the ship, the crazy fucker.

1 Like

Exactly we have a defense and midfield now. Squad young and lots of scope for improvement. Lvg may not win the league but he has laid the foundations for some other manager to do so.

1 Like

Pellegrini?

1 Like

Ryan giggs

A defence that hasnā€™t been properly tested yet . Blind is too slow and is not a centre half, Rojo is shit, Jones is shit and Romero is utter dogshit. Whatā€™s there might get top 4 but forget about a title challenge.