Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

Louis van Gaal “doesn’t understand English football” and is “not a head coach for Manchester United”, says their former winger Andrei Kanchelskis.
But Kanchelskis believes the Dutchman should remain in charge until the end of the season, despite a six-match winless run in all competitions.
Van Gaal walked out of Wednesday’s news conference in protest at media reports that his job is under threat.
“I am disappointed with the way United are playing,” Kanchelskis said.
"Under Alex Ferguson, we played in a more attacking style of football and played in a 4-4-2. Van Gaal sees things differently. This is not a head coach for Manchester United.
"I just don’t think that Van Gaal understands English football. A team needs to have leaders, like Bryan Robson, Roy Keane, Peter Schmeichel, who can give the right things at the necessary moment and can show their leadership qualities.
“The coach does not want this and this is the reason for such disastrous results.”

Who are these players in modern day football?

I can think of Luis Suarez and that’s pretty much it. Perhaps a few Leicester, Crystal Palace, Stoke and Watford players who have come up the hard way.

Modern day football or modern European society doesn’t produce an abundance of these type of characters. John Terry, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher appear to have been the last of that breed in terms of top level English players.

Lee Cattermole

1 Like

Don’t mind that fat Hun fucker.
Happy Christmas.

Yet another blank for Manchester United Nil.

All the best from the boys.

Nice to see the gracious welcome Stoke Fans gave King Louis.

1 Like

@dodgy_keeper I bet those tears are delicious.

2 Likes

:laughing:

Louis deserves a chance to turn this around. Or at least more time to keep us entertained.

+1.

I think he is doing a terrific job.

2 Likes

I think the next stage in the decline is becoming a sacking club, they started on that path with Moyesie, sacking ‘Big Louis’ will seal this stage.

It’s the early 1970s redux with one disastrous appointment followed by another. Mourinho would be also likely to fail as he is a disciple of Van Gaal, but had much better players at Chelsea to implement the philosophy. Having missed out on taking Chelsea into the Championship, Mourinho might get a second chance at United.

My money is on Alex coming back until the end of the season

Please let this happen

More likely to be Giggs. The singular goal now is to finish in the top 4. With Chelsea essentially out of the picture, it will most likely be United, Liverpool and Spurs battling for 3 and 4. Giggs is lower risk for the remainder of this season than bringing in another big name manager with the unknown of how he would fit in.

1 Like

Does anyone think they’re genuinely in the running to get Guardiola? That’s the only real reason to make an interim appointment.

Of course they are. The top managers want to prove themselves over and over, no better way than taking a struggling club and making them successful. Money is no issue for United unless they miss CL for a few seasons.

He inherited much better quality squads at Barca and Bayern. He seem to be leaning towards doing three-years spells at each club now, I don’t know if he can get them back to the elite level within that timeframe.

Man U are already a sacking club. They’ve sacked 6 of their last 7 managers and the odd man out Sir Alex seemed to spend most of his first 4 years just one game away from the sack.