Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

Lukaka was crap and threw the toys out of the pram.

Whereabouts in Limerick is he from, mate?

1 Like

He’s one of the Rashfords from Janesboro.

2 Likes

@dodgy_keeper would have been able to help you with all local Limerick/Man U matters once upon a time. He appears to have given up supporting them though since they stopped winning.

1 Like

:grinning:

1 Like

:blush:

What happened? Did he die?

Very much in the frame now for a Top 4 finish with Man City dropping two points last night and Woolwich likely to drop points every time they’re playing. Next up Leicester City at Old Trafford.

What’s the story if pool winuefa cup?

Manchester United Nil have quietly come into some good form of late and a repeat of the 1990 FA Cup final pairing is very much on the cards.

Sir Alex Ferguson’s career at Old Trafford was famously saved by that FA Cup triumph and it’s looking like Louis van Gaal could well salvage his job in the same manner.

For Mark Robins, read Marcus Rashford.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the career I foresee for him alright, if he’s lucky

Big ask for Leicester City to get anything at Old Trafford against a resurgent Man U.

SUNDAY TIMES - 1 MAY 2016

Louis Van Gaal has insisted strongly that he will remain as Manchester United manager next season - and it has emerged there is no deal in place to take Jose Mourinho to Old Trafford. Despite continued reports that Moruinho has some kind of outline agreement to succeed in the summer, The Sunday Times understands this is not the case.

While there has been contact between Ed Woodward and Mourinho’s representatives since his dismissal as Chelsea manager, United executive vice-chairman has repeatedly decline the ooportunity to agree a contract with the Portugese. This reflects a reluctance by the board to make a definite call on who next season’s manager will be. Van Gaal believes the assurances he has received mean it is he who will be in place in August. Despite his team lying sixth in the table going into today’s home match with Leicester, and the limited return from many of the recruits bought during his £250m transfer spend, Van Gaal points to reaching the FA Cup final and a recent upsurge in United’s Premier League form - allied to his development of youngsters such as Marcus Radford - as evidence of progress. Moreover, he says Woodward and his board budgeted for the journey forward being circuitous and that they - and not he - are behind a strategy to remain until 2017.

“Of course [I knew the job would be hard]. That is why they have hired me and also we have spoken about that. And also we have a process of three years”. I want to sign for two years, they want three years, not I. I have signed for three years so next year you see me again."

Referencing the continued speculation about his future and that Mourinho is set to replace him, he continued defiantly: “That’s not any problem for me. You can write everything that you want. But you can’t sack a manager for six months and I’m still here. You can’t do that.”

According to close friends, Mourinho would have taken over at Old Trafford mid-campaign had United’s board taken a decision to change managers, but the board was split on hiring him.

Why are you the third highest poster on this thread? Obsessed.

3 Likes

TBF he’d be 4th only for @dodgy_keeper stopping posting.

I thought he was a Spurs fan

Dodgy? He could be after this season.

Geoff takes a keen interest in the coterie of super franchises as well as Spurs.

That’s a great word coterie.

I can only imagine lvg will be kept on if we finish 4th and win the fa cup.